How do you edit an object?

ExGemini

I'm sorry to ask this cause I'm sure it have been asked a milions times already but I was thinking:

What If I want to pick an object, let's stay a new armor and add to it the same stealth field that the chinese have?

I tried to mess around with the Geek but all I can do is find the object I want to edit but there is no parameters to include special feature like stealth, rad resist and so on.

Couple you people please point me in the right direction?

Thanks! :)

Typically you'd apply an Object Effect or write a Script and apply that to the item through the item customization interface (ie. where you make a new armour or weapon). I'm not sure how the Chinese Stealth Armour is setup, but you should be able to track down either the effect or script using that as reference and add that to your own item.

Typically you'd apply an Object Effect or write a Script and apply that to the item through the item customization interface (ie. where you make a new armour or weapon). I'm not sure how the Chinese Stealth Armour is setup, but you should be able to track down either the effect or script using that as reference and add that to your own item.

As a matter of fact it's what I thought at the start. I checked out with the geck the original stealth armor so I could copy the data and modify it, but it doesn't have any script on it and or data that I can somehow translate for the new object. That's mostly why I'm stuck :(

Go to object effect under game effects in geck :whistling:

Create desired effect and then attach it to item prop\object effect

Go to object effect under game effects in geck :whistling:

Create desired effect and then attach it to item prop\object effect

THanks yoU! :)

I Found the part you are talking about and it seems quite easier than I expected.

I've a another small little question:

When I save the progress he always save the data in a separate file that is alot smaller than the original addon I was working on. As result I've to load that file in the Fomm as a new mod. Is there a way to recompile the same damn mod without creating anew one every time?

Set esp with armor as active and it will save any changes to that one

EDIT:Also you should backup esp before editing it :biggrin:

Set esp with armor as active and it will save any changes to that one

EDIT:Also you should backup esp before editing it :biggrin:

Indeed backup is a must :D

I had my share of messing around with such things :)

I tried to do as you said but when I click on save it promtps me to write a new name for the eps, if I click on the existing one it tells me "It's a master file or is in use"

What are you editing?something from falloutESM?

It's and esm that contains a Crysis NanoArmor conversion for Fallout.

I didn't like much how it was done and I'm trying to fix the data so that it mathces a little more the standard Stealth Armor.

The tweak works perfectly, the armor does what I told her to do but I can't save the file on it's on esm.