See-through clothes...

furyjs83

As description states. Several of the clothing mods I use are missing textures on the undersides of them, like the insides of the skirts, or parts of corsets that stick out from skin, or the inside part of a shirt or corset stretched over cleavage etc.

I *thought* I recalled seeing a game variable that draws these missing sides, but I searched all over for it with no luck, I've also browsed comments for the clothing mods I use and haven't found anything useful. Seems like this would be a common issue with an easy-to-find fix...

It's a property of the mesh called 'NiStencilProperty' which has a variable called Draw Mode. If the latter is set to DRAW_BOTH the texture is applied on both sides of the mesh which avoids the transparency when looking from the inside.

If the original author of the clothing can't fix this (which should be the first port of call) you could do so yourself with a copy of NifSkope. Just don't redistribute what you change without their permission.

You need nifskope and open nitristrips block of the clothing object you want to fix and look for the nistencilproperty

doubleclick the flags field of block details and change to 19840

If there is no nistencilproperty then right click nitristrips > node > insert property > nistencilproperty, It will automatically set the flags to 19840 when added.

be using nifskope 1.0.20 and have block list and block details checked in view menu

Thank you guys for the responses. Looking up and downloading nifslkope now.

Affirmative on the mod redistribution, no worries there :)

Out of curiosity, can you give an example of a clothing mod in which you are getting this issue with texture transparency? I'd be interested in taking a look...