Fallout Body Editing Engine?

DxtirVoxx

I am pretty skeptical on the idea of this even being possible... (it is the whole getting it scripted into the UI that I am unsure of)

But I am more than willing to donate my body to science, and by that, I mean the 3Ds Max file for my body mesh, not my real body...

But anyways, the mesh isn't quite done yet, but I can send it to you when I am finished. Just tell me if you are interested. I am currently working on trying to get different body types made from a single mesh and useing it to create 5 unique female characters for my mod.

A system like what you are proposing would make what I am doing much easier, because right now I am haveing to make a custom race for each female, and then make unique outfits for each one (because the outfits have to be made specifically for that body type) And then I am going to have to make it where that character cannot switch outfits with anything outside of the custom ones I fitted to that body....

Actually I agree that the hardest part of this whole thing will be scripting it into the UI (& unseen scripting into the base engine additional functions on witch this concept is dependent). Sadly tho I must go ahead with setting everything up (body & gear meshes, all rigged with additional deformation constraints) & wait for a code phreek or better a cadre of code phreeks that are up to the task to help me work out a solution. I'm not discouraged tho Bethesda built the game in the first place, there must be people out there willing & able to help add the functionality we all need to the engine.

Making your mesh file available will save me (us, if you want to help add, convert content) a lot of time, so long as you are willing to let it be edited & tweaked (hopefully only in minor ways) to get it working. Perhaps I can assist you in getting it ready. I'm currently using Blender & have no plans to change in the immediate future but cannot see any reason why there would be any trouble bouncing the mesh(es) back & forth.

The fact that as things are now custom races & gear for those races must be added for any degree of variety, for both players & NPCs, is at the very heart of why I want to get something like this done. I hate that as it is you have to choose one body mod (or add others as custom races), that existing outfits have to be converted to "fit" & worse that EVERY character in game has the same body & or build (except for several very nice custom NPCs, but the gear not specifically fit to them is incompatible). So I'm on the same page with you, I'd like to see modders be able to customize EVERY aspect of their cast, equip them with whatever they want (even set up support & tutorials for rigging their own original gear to adjust to the new edit-rigged bodies). I'm just stunned that someone hasn't tried to accomplish this on the scale I envision. The interest is there, several modders out there have spent a FANTASTIC amount of time on their own custom body & outfit meshes, I just wonder what stopped them from taking the next step in making their bodies & gear adjustable? The idea HAD to run across their minds while they were spending who-knows-how-much-time tweaking their meshes.

The biggest hurdle I see tho is actually re-scripting (or getting Bethesda to update) GECK & TES to utilize the functionality I want to add. That may be worlds harder to get done than getting a working body & gear editor in game with a functioning UI.

Making your mesh file available will save me (us, if you want to help add, convert content) a lot of time, so long as you are willing to let it be edited & tweaked (hopefully only in minor ways) to get it working. Perhaps I can assist you in getting it ready. I'm currently using Blender & have no plans to change in the immediate future but cannot see any reason why there would be any trouble bouncing the mesh(es) back & forth.

Well in that case I will donate a .Obj file enstead

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, It's been a week since I've checked the forums because I've had internet issues & I've just started a new job & I find this topic buried deep in the request boards. Seems that the Mod Request forum is where good ideas go to die. Apparently the only interest in a project like this is in using the finished mod (a special nod to Tony the Wookie, who is so far the only person willing to contribute content). While support is greatly appreciated those of you waiting for me (or some one else) to complete a mod of this type, may be waiting quite a long time as I (we) seem to be "on our own". Perhaps if I create a DOC video compelling enough & post it, I may be able to get the attention & support a project like this would require. As it stands tho I must now become proficient in several additional areas (uugh! code!) with little or no help & as I am now working mandatory overtime it may be a very very long time before I can even demonstrate the concept.

Thanks for the support & wish me luck

D-Voxx