request for a L-85a rifle!!!

techstepman

wow thanks guys!

what program should i use for 3d models?

i have photoshop 11 sc4 extended for the other stuff but i have no idea how to make 3d models.

ok then...off to my first modding...

Blender is what to use if you're looking for free. From what I hear it's not entirely user friendly, so as always be prepared to learn! If you're a student you can buy 3ds Max for about $300 or so (actually there's a package out there now for about $350 that has 3ds max, maya, softimage, mudbox, and motionbuilder o_O what a deal!) but I would suggest just using Blender unless you're actually planning to go into 3d modelling as a career.

Photoshop will definitely be useful for creating textures and normal maps.

It's going to be downright confusing at every step, since you're going to be learning a lot of new and very complex programs, but always make an effort to solve any problems on your own (or by searching online) before posting questions on the forums. People will be more likely to help you this way.

For 3d modeling tips I would suggest looking up tutorials for that (there should be some on those pages I linked you to).

thanks!

wow i tried to make a new home for my character...

modding isnt easy...yeah yeah i know...but still it takes lots of hours...

The L-85a has been pulled from the latest version of FOOK, but Toxa includes one in his stalker arsenal mod. Easy way to get the weapon you want.

If you want to continue modding, I suggest you start with Toxa's gun and focus on correcting the grip.