Creating custom loading screen models

DdsLedg

Hey, I've been wondering how you create a custom loading screen model.

I've seen it done in a few mods before but I cant seem to find anything at all explaining how it is done.

I know how to change the models for a load screen, but what I want to know is how to actually create your own model for a custom load screen.

Does anyone have any idea of how this is done?

Thanks! :)

You need to have a fairly good knowledge of modeling with Blender/3DMax and NifSkope in order to achieve this.

Unfortunately I don't but if you do then here is how to add them to the game - Just search for 'loading' in the creation kit and right click whichever one you want to change and click edit. A new window should pop up. Now just press edit and select your new mesh from your data/meshes folder.

Anyway good luck with your mod!

-Anikma

the "loadscreen" models are stored in data/meshes/loadscreenart. the nif files can be opened and edit with the tool "NifSkope". but at first you have to unpack them with a tool such as the BSA unpacker. and the whole modeling thing is actually another topic. first you have to learn how to handle those 3D Programs (for example the freeware prog Blender) and how to create 3D models ect. this will take at least weeks or month til you have the basic knowledge. there are countless tutorials available on this subject on the nexus forum and elswhere. i recommend you to download the latest Blender version and of course the compatible NifScript tools which you need for import/export skyrim stuff to blender. the other needed knowledge you will learn later on step by step.

Edited by BlutKult

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I realize this one is very old, but i managed to create a new main theme screen with custom picture and custom models combined.

I used blender, nifskope and photoshop for creating this one. It actually for my upcomming goblin mod:

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/57050-1-1409309539.jpg

And yes i can confirm you need at least basic knowlage of 3D-Modelling program and nifskope.

For basic loadscreens with static objects it should be possible to do it with nifskope only.