textures and meshes folder

ArdenRayer

I have been fairly familiar with modding now for a while, had over 100 mods running on oblivion, and fallout had the same basic formula for installing and running mods etc. So I got fallout, beat the game and now want to use mods, but when I went to get project beauty, the manual said that I need to overwrite some texture and mesh files. Well this is pretty basic stuff for me until when I went into my Textures and Meshes folder, there was practically nothing in there. The folders, besides a few armor mods I had put in were complete devoid of anything.

I assume that since I was able to play the game, the textures and meshes must be loading from the .esm and .bsa files. From that, I am wondering, How can I get project Beauty to work, I am also having trouble with the Saram's hair pack. I dragged and dropped all of the files into the correct spot, but the hair isn't showing up. I assume this is because of my seemingly missing files. I don't really know whats going on.

Textures and meshes load from the .bsa files. If a mod includes meshes and textures then they should go into folders marked meshes and textures and their subdirectories. If you run the mod and you see big red diamond shapes with white exclamation points in them, that means that the mod is looking at pathways for meshes that are not in the correct locations. If you see meshes that look all black then the textures aren't being recognized.

If you expect to see custom meshes and textures but see only the same old vanilla objects, then maybe you need to download the Archive Invalidation Invalidated! mod so that custom meshes and textures that are placed in the correctly named folders can override the vanilla assets that are in the .bsa folders. The game will never look anywhere but the .bsa folders unless you direct it to do so. Modder's can become so familiar with how things get done that they might assume that everyone knows about tools that they take for granted, and omit steps that are necessary for the successful use of their mod from their documentation.