The true adventurers mod is needed

Yevon08

Hey everyone.

I played through Fallout3 quests again. Fantastic game but I usually stop playing the game after the last quest is finished. I just dont see any reason to wander around the wasteland anymore aimlessly. If I enter a dungeon or two, I find some items and stash them at my fortress, but what then? What to do with all the items and money? Whats the point to enter another dungeon to get more of those items that I will stash away to the same place? I can reapeat this but It just feels aimless. Of course all the new environments, locations, are cool and look nice, but Id just need that extra punch to keep playing after the quests.

So what are you folks doing in this situation? Are there any mods to this that keep the feeling of advancing going a little bit futher? There is no point carrying 40k money If there is nothing to do with it. Its an open ended world I know, and this situation happens eventually for sure, but It usually happens to me directly after there are no more quests to do. At this point you have so much, but there is so much more in the world still to see.

Thanks for your time!

:thanks:

I thought the same exact thing when I got to the end of the game. And that is why I am working on my new mod. You may or may not find it of interest...

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=150722

I wanted to create a more meaningfull way of spending you money, by allowing you to help improve this town and the lives of the people in it. So if you like the idea, feel free to stop by and share your ideas and such. I even have my very own Forum dedicated to it, thanks to Ricko.

http://agdt.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=4...15c05c70fea206e

If you have that T-51b you never use, give it to the town gaurd, I am sure it will make his life a bit easier, or at least a bit longer :biggrin:

Same thing with those 5 perfect condition Mini-Guns and Gatling Lasers that you have

If you have clothes you picked up and don't use, give it to the General store. Eventually you can upgrade the store and get additional rooms, as well as custom outfits

You can also take all metal goods to the blacksmith, all food to the cafe, all chems to the medicine lady, and all booze to the tavern. You can also give gifts to people

but anyways, the mod isn't even close to done at the moment though... :(

When I play (which isn't that much anymore) I just loot things that don't weigh. Caps, ammo, meds and repair parts I pick up and everything else I just leave where it lay. I don't bother collecting stuff that I will never use and rarely ever deal with merchants any longer.

Modding kept my interest after finishing the quests, and the sheer amount of items and money that your character can accumulate is the main reason that I included a thief in my mod. Maybe I will make a Thieves Guild mod, so that when you get back to your shack you find that burglars have cleaned you out. You could hunt them down and wreak vengeance on them but find that all of your hard earned crap has been sold for jet.

From the look of this no one has yet come up with a solution =)

Thanks Wookie-man for the heads up, ill check around that mod.

I'd be really game-saving discovery if someone would come up with

a mod that gave interest to do all that exploring and looting available

in the game.