Fallout mounts

liveside23

Hi all,

I own both Fallout 3 and Oblivion and plan on personal use of this mod only. Ive seen it brought up few times and either no one likes the idea or no one knows how to do it. I have been trying to get one of the horses from Oblivion into Fallout 3 for a couple of weeks now and have faced many problems it seems mainly that Fallout doesnt like the Bip02 reference, cause the model works if I change the all the Bip02's to Bip01's. If I use Bip01 I cant use the animation because they have both horse, Bip02, and human, Bip01, so I can't change the ninodes to Bip01. I read somewhere that the "horse code" was left over from Oblivion, but I have no idea what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated because this has become an obsession.

I think that many people are interested in the idea but not interested in using oblivion stuff.

I also think that nobody knows how to do it yet. But you can help to find out.

With the amount of rigor involved in such a mod project you might as well make sure you end up with something that can be distributed freely.

It would be cool to have armored combat brahmin wearing a mounted minigun for you to operate or something.

Here is a thread on the rideable creature mod. It doesnt have 3rd person animation for the rider yet tho.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...959429&st=0

Here is a thread that talks about making rideable vehicles.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/view...f=31&t=2126

Its not that I want to bring Ob stuff into fallout, it's just that I thought that a horse would be a cool way to get around the wasteland. I figured since Ob and FO are so similar that the Ob horses would get me started. I have modelled only a couple of guns and have managed to get them in to FO, but to start from scratch on something like this might be more than I am capable of. From what I can tell the the first mod makes creatures ridable mainly through scripts is this correct?

thank you for the links.