Asian modding comunity

Yoshh

Ever since I started playing Oblivion, and Fallout 3, I've always been amazed by the work these modders do :O All the details, wonderfull meshes and all :biggrin: But the problem is there is something I can't understand... Why do many of these asian oblivion/fallout 3 websites block (or even close down) people from other parts of the world from downloading those mods. Maybe due to the lack of intercomunication between people? I understand that having someone downloading your mods and not giving any feedback can be somewhat frustrating. But what if those people can't speak your language? Bleh... Drepriving us from such great models should be a crime *cries*

Edit: I hope nobody gets offended by this thread, I just created it because I wanted to know the opinion of other people towards this situation.

Why do many of these asian oblivion/fallout 3 websites block (or even close down) people from other parts of the world from downloading those mods.

Very big greed of asian modders.

you know this as fact then? or just biased opinion-ism

Retribution Posted Today, 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Imperator3 @ Oct 7 2009, 12:05 PM)

Why do many of these Asian oblivion/fallout 3 websites block (or even close down) people from other parts of the world from downloading those mods.

QFT

you also.You've done extensive research on this matter so you concur with his statement.Maybe its just their work and want to keep among they race or to certain individuals.I know I have mods that only go to friends and I'm what Greedy? Egotistical perhaps,Yes? No?

Or I surmise is it just you can't have said mods so you just flame them?

Perhaps its comments just like the both of you just left that's a reason...I'm more inclined to the latter than the previous myself.

Facts are one thing,wild supposition is just BS.

you know this as fact then? or just biased opinionism

You need facts? Ok, Nezagaxa the Bladewing. Ancient_laws create this mod only for himself and his friends, and don't want free share it. Many of his works also not distribute. Go to this webpage. Don't free share:

- Raiment of Oracle

- Valakas of Infernowing

- Ifarian the Frozenwing

- Thoroidal the Spirewing

- Nezagaxa the Bladewing

If you browse 3dmgame forum more carefully, you will find many closed and private mods. And a lot of mods that are not here. Mods should be accessible to all, not a only for modder's friends.

Personally i think that if your gonna put something up online then you shouldn't be able say who can view it and who can't. There's nothing wrong with sending things to friends and whatnot. But to actually put something up online and say no only these certain people can have it is a bit selfish.

Why do many of these asian oblivion/fallout 3 websites block (or even close down) people from other parts of the world from downloading those mods.

you know this as fact then? or just biased opinion-ism

Both actually. I've seen some, and a lot of people say the same ;)

Retribution Posted Today, 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Imperator3 @ Oct 7 2009, 12:05 PM)

Why do many of these Asian oblivion/fallout 3 websites block (or even close down) people from other parts of the world from downloading those mods.

QFT

you also.You've done extensive research on this matter so you concur with his statement.Maybe its just their work and want to keep among they race or to certain individuals.I know I have mods that only go to friends and I'm what Greedy? Egotistical perhaps,Yes? No?

Or I surmise is it just you can't have said mods so you just flame them?

Perhaps its comments just like the both of you just left that's a reason...I'm more inclined to the latter than the previous myself.

Facts are one thing,wild supposition is just BS.

No, not egotistical at all! I have never said such a thing. If they want to keep the mods for themselves, so be it... I have nothing to do with their choices. I just think that such great work deserved to be shared :biggrin: But if someone does put them online for everyone to see, IMO is a bit selfish. Not that I really care if I have the mod or not, but it's not fun being teased :sweat:

you know this as fact then? or just biased opinionism

You need facts? Ok, Nezagaxa the Bladewing. Ancient_laws create this mod only for himself and his friends, and don't want free share it. Many of his works also not distribute. Go to this webpage. Don't free share:

- Raiment of Oracle

- Valakas of Infernowing

- Ifarian the Frozenwing

- Thoroidal the Spirewing

- Nezagaxa the Bladewing

If you browse 3dmgame forum more carefully, you will find many closed and private mods. And a lot of mods that are not here. Mods should be accessible to all, not a only for modder's friends.

Several, or most, if not all of those are ripped from other games. So sharing them is illegal. Still, thanks to Google translate I could find download links, anyway.