Wasteland Engineering, Slaughter It, Detailed Survival

skullking777

Well, I was sitting around one day messing with CRAFT and a thought hit me. What if, just about everything in the game was constructible? When I mean everything... I mean EVERYTHING! ^__^ I laugh to myself as I think I've already been "Red Flagged" because I've been looking up a lot of explosive, accelerants, and construction materials like fasteners. But, I must make this sacrifice for the Nexus Community! ^__^ (hehe)

In my personal life, I am actually studying and hoping to one day become an Engineer. Specifically, a Military Oriented Engineer. I have made a pretty detailed list of things, but if anybody has some ideas they'd like to add or would like to help, please post and/or PM me.

I also had a idea while playing a Cannibal Mod. I was curious that anytime I kill a Brahim, I get like 2 Steaks. NO MORE! I hope to be able to completely Slaughter Bodies and get things that could help in the previously stated mod... Like, using Human and Animal Hair to make rope. Also it could use a Cooking Element and you could make things like, Molerat Soup. Mmmm... Just like Mom used to make.

Now, while the other two are just beginning to be outlined, I came up with this idea a month ago, but I lack scripting skills. T__T Detailed Survival is really starting to become a good idea to bring up with Slaughter It. While a couple of mods, might go so far as, Hunger, Thirst, and Sleep. I want to take it 2-3 steps further. Not only would you have Hunger, Thirst, and Sleep(which I refer to as Consciousness), you'd also get things like Hygenie, Psyche, Pain, Inebration, Drug Level, and even Libido(for more... Adult Mods). All of these work between one another... Like a High Libido can equal a better Psyche. ^__^ If you guys like the idea or think I am overdoing it a bit, or like my other two mod ideas, let me know in a Post and/or PM. THANKS EVERYBODY!

I know right! (hehe) That is why I am asking if anyone would like to help me. I think my biggest obstacle is modelling and texturing... I am learning how to script right now, but, out of curiousity... Is Blender ANYTHING like Auto CAD? Because I actually started teaching that class in High School. ^__^ HAHAHA!!! The teacher there barely knew the programming, so it was up to us to read the book and learn how to do it.

Personally, I am really wanting to support things like CRAFT and Survival Mods. Wasteland Engineering is going to start off as an extended Item List, and then I'll merge it with CRAFT, same for Slaughter It, then eventually I hopefully to merge with RTS.

Blender is similar to AutoCAD, though not as high end. AutoDesk makes AutoCAD and also 3D Studio Max, I believe. That is the high dollar modelling program that folks use for modding. Blender has the advantage of being free.

Would you reccommed ACAD for Modelling and then, Blender for Texturing?

I am pretty good with ACAD (lil' rusty, atleast I remember how to use) but, Blender is making my head hurt. ^__^ hehehe

It has been a few years since I used ACAD. I used its 3D capability for designing electrical enclosures. Unless it has been changed a great deal, then I doubt that it would work well for gaming. Marketing being what it is, I expect that AutoDesk would not make AutoCAD perform the same functions as 3DS Max, especially when it comes to animating objects. That would cost them sales.

Blender does seem cryptic, but there are some very good YouTube tutorials for it. It is a modelling program, not a texturing program, though.

I use PhotoShop for texturing. Some people use GIMP for texturing. It is another free download.

Thanks for the Info! ^__^ Yeah, I have GIMP, but the only thing that really bother me about Blender, is that I have to learn an entire program. XP Poor excuse I know, but learning takes time, which I don't have a ton of. But I will totally try it.

Btw, what do you think about my ideas? Good? Bad? Do you think there could be some problems in creating them?

Would there be problems? Oh yeah. Doesn't mean it is not possible.

Good or bad depends on your viewpoint. I don't have enough patience even to build the makeshift weapons from the schematics that vanilla FO3 provides, but some people like that stuff. I think Tony the Wookie is already working on a town that will allow the player to build and upgrade the place, and he is doing a cooperative workgroup of modders. You and he might be able to exchange some useful give and take.