An unusual request for a Mod

WaLkAwaY

Hi first off I apologize to all of you for my first post being in the form of questions. I did notice that there is a section for modeling tutorials so my questions are a prelude to my reading as I do not have time right now but will read them tomorrow and hopefully by then if I cannot find an answer one will have appeared in this thread.

I simply would like to make the dog that is in the game into a Doberman Pinscher. It may sound silly but I thought it would be really cool to be able to walk the wasteland with “my” actual dog in the game. I am not looking for a handout and I am not lazy. If you guys tell me that it can be done and all I have to do is read the tutorials to do it then that is what I will do. Thanks in advance for your help.

:thanks:

that sounds cute :)

typically when people request stuff they post in the Fallout3Mod Requests section. Maybe this thread can get moved there so it will get noticed sooner by people with free time looking for ideas :) usually the mod talk forum is for people already working on mods seeking help or advice or such

The bodies of the vicious wild dogs are closer to dobermans than the australian shepard good dogs, though their muzzles are broader. Retexture a vicious dog with a black and tan coat and dial down the aggressiveness and you might have a reasonable copy of a doberman.

Oh and... read the tutorials.

that sounds cute :)

typically when people request stuff they post in the Fallout3Mod Requests section. Maybe this thread can get moved there so it will get noticed sooner by people with free time looking for ideas :) usually the mod talk forum is for people already working on mods seeking help or advice or such

Thanks. I actually posted it here because I did not want my first post to be a request for stuff but rather maybe just a little help. I actually would rather do the modding myself but having never modded... But I see you are correct too as in I did not know that this area was already for mods under construction, although now tht you have pointed it out the name of the forum area does denote such I guess. Thanks for getting back to me.

The bodies of the vicious wild dogs are closer to dobermans than the australian shepard good dogs, though their muzzles are broader. Retexture a vicious dog with a black and tan coat and dial down the aggressiveness and you might have a reasonable copy of a doberman.

Oh and... read the tutorials.

I plan to start reading the turorials tonight. Now you say that the wild dogs are more likely to take the doberman skin, however will they follow me like Dogmeat? I mean follow me and not try to eat me. My whole point to modding Dogmeat was to be able to walk around the wasteland with a replica of my own dog. Maybe retexturing (cut off the tail crop the ears make the chest deeper and the waist thinner, possibly make the model larger) could work. I guess that is totally recreating th dog they used for dogmeat. Thanks for your reply.

Now you say that the wild dogs are more likely to take the doberman skin, however will they follow me like Dogmeat? I mean follow me and not try to eat me. My whole point to modding Dogmeat was to be able to walk around the wasteland with a replica of my own dog. Maybe retexturing (cut off the tail crop the ears make the chest deeper and the waist thinner, possibly make the model larger) could work. I guess that is totally recreating th dog they used for dogmeat.
You have answered your own question here. Basically what your doing is editing the model and texture. The reason he suggested the vicious dogs is because it would be less work adapting the model and instead just making a retex. You will have to remake the dog itself in the GECK in order for it to be a companion, but you can use any model you want. Your companion could be a rock you call sparky if you wanted or could be a floating gun called james doesn't matter just the model.

Now you say that the wild dogs are more likely to take the doberman skin, however will they follow me like Dogmeat? I mean follow me and not try to eat me. My whole point to modding Dogmeat was to be able to walk around the wasteland with a replica of my own dog. Maybe retexturing (cut off the tail crop the ears make the chest deeper and the waist thinner, possibly make the model larger) could work. I guess that is totally recreating th dog they used for dogmeat.
You have answered your own question here. Basically what your doing is editing the model and texture. The reason he suggested the vicious dogs is because it would be less work adapting the model and instead just making a retex. You will have to remake the dog itself in the GECK in order for it to be a companion, but you can use any model you want. Your companion could be a rock you call sparky if you wanted or could be a floating gun called james doesn't matter just the model.

Ahh now I understand. My last post shows my experience with such things :biggrin: Thanks for your reply.