Custom hair wont work in esm

Citadel535

I made a npc and converted it to an esm as I was having issues with the skin blending with the head. That fixed the skin blending issue but I also made a custom hair for the npc before doing this.

I created a new hair in the GECK, pointed it to the correct textures/meshes, and it shows up fine in the geck on the character. I added it to the race of my npc also in the race editing.

I then used fomm to make a bsa containing the mesh and textures for the hair with the correct relative paths. However, in game, it shows the default race's hair.

Anyone know what is wrong with the custom hair?

I made a npc and converted it to an esm as I was having issues with the skin blending with the head. That fixed the skin blending issue but I also made a custom hair for the npc before doing this.

I created a new hair in the GECK, pointed it to the correct textures/meshes, and it shows up fine in the geck on the character. I added it to the race of my npc also in the race editing.

I then used fomm to make a bsa containing the mesh and textures for the hair with the correct relative paths. However, in game, it shows the default race's hair.

Anyone know what is wrong with the custom hair?

Be sure your .bsa has a compatible name with the esm. Bsa name must start exactly the same as the esm.

mymod.esm will work with "mymod plus a whole lot of stuff.bsa"

mymod.esm will not work with "my mod.bsa"