Strange Follower Glitch

RyanLP

Yeah, hey there. So I've been using Charon and he was working fine. Then out of the blue today he started fleeing from a group of enemies, which he hasn't done before. Now he just flees every time we get in a fight and says, "This is hopeless!" or "We're outnumbered!" (even though there's one enemy and two of us :wallbash: ).

So far I've tried reloading previous saves, making clean saves without mods that modify followers (Followers become essentials and an exp sharing mod) then reactivating them, exiting the game then reloading, and lastly I just restarted my computer out of pure anger.

Even if you don't have a solution, can anybody tell me if they've ever even heard of this or had this happen to them before? I searched it on google and on the forums, but it seems that this problem is unheard of.

This is indeed very strange :blink: But its possible that one of your mods, not only those affecting Followers accidently changes Charons AI behavior and sets him to flee mode so he always runs in combat. Check the mods using GECK and see if any of those change or affect his AI behavior. His standard confidence level is set to "Foolhardy".

This is indeed very strange :blink: But its possible that one of your mods, not only those affecting Followers accidently changes Charons AI behavior and sets him to flee mode so he always runs in combat. Check the mods using GECK and see if any of those change or affect his AI behavior. His standard confidence level is set to "Foolhardy".

What I'd do is load the whole modlist in >FO3Edit< so that that it would be easy to see at a glance what mod or mods are changing Charon, then I would use the GECK knowing which mods to look at.