Voice Exchange, fast and easy, how to ?

ss4456

Ok Gents so look at this

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6730/46733747.jpg

and this

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4240/45073324.th.jpg

Ok so here is what I wana do, it may be kinda simple problem, but it is problem for me after all.

I want to create voice type "MaleGroupEnclaveSS1" by editing "MaleGroupEnclave"

the only changes I wish to do there, is to exchange orginal voices in that voice type with my custom recordings /redited voices etc

Like for example "Atacking ! " with " Angref !" and stuff like that :L

I need manual like for dummies, how to do that, step by step. someone pls help :E

uh ... :F

Download Fruityloops 9 or 8 demo and under the Speech area it has where you can type your sentence and it sounds like a robot. and export it as wave. I think this is what your talkin about

I just need procedure/manual inside GECK, how to do it in GECK, to change those sentences that allready exist with my own, by editing EnclaveVoiceType, but thank You for informations about this Fruityloops, might be useful Sir ^ ^

There is no reason to overwrite an existing dialogue. Just create new ones with your new voicetype.

There are tutorials that can be accessed through the GECK help pulldown menu and through the pinned items at the top of the General Modifications forum in the Nexus.

People who ask others to search out tutorials and post links for them rather than search them out themselves are not likely to have the initiative to complete mods by themselves either.

If you think that you want to create something then you should be willing to be self supporting in your efforts. If you search out answers methodically while you are working on a mod and still cannot find the information that you need, then by all means post questions. Please do not expect to be spoon fed fast and easy solutions to your questions with little or no effort on your part though. Most modders are involved in their own projects, and the ones who create mods of note are the ones who are motivated enough to seek out and use the resources that are already available to them.

Is there any way to re-use the vanilla dialogue (voice files) in a new dialogue/topic?

All the tutorials show how to add your own, but I just want to rehash the existing.

The 2nd poster here makes it sound easy - but fails to explain how.

The way to set it to use the same file is to extract that file to its proper place, select it in the editor and save.

How in the world do you "select it in the editor", it seems to be auto-generated - and it can't be fiddled with using FO3Edit :(.

Is there any way to re-use the vanilla dialogue (voice files) in a new dialogue/topic?

All the tutorials show how to add your own, but I just want to rehash the existing.

Yes you can use vanilla dialogue sound files. You will need to copy the sound files that you want to use from the .bsa files that came with FO3.

When I wanted to do that, I unpacked all of the sound files from Fallout - Voices.bsa and Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa with Fallout Mod Manager into folders under /data/sound/voice/fallout3.esm. I left them under the default voicetype sub-directories then searched for the ones that I wanted to use by checking out the dialogue trees and sometimes using the text search function of the edit pulldown menu in the GECK. Then I created appropriately named voictype folders as sub-directories of my mod ( /data/sound/voice/mymod.esp ) and copied the files that I wanted to use into those folders. In some cases I used SoundForge to re-edit the files to make new dialogue, but often just re-used the same .ogg files and .lip files.

After that, you can probably use those tutorials to figure out the rest. You just need to rename the files to whatever filename the GECK assigns to your new dialogue. If you don't remix the sounds then the original lipsynch will work the same, otherwise you would need to use the TES Construction Set to create new lip files, since the GECK won't do that.

Once I was done picking out the voice files that I wanted, I just deleted all of the unused files that I unpacked. Fallout 3 goes back to using the default files in the BSAs for any voices that aren't custom.

I always wondered: why is it that the GECK and the updated TES Construction Kit can't make .lip files? It seems a bit odd to me.

I know that Fallout 3 uses .ogg sound files and Oblivion used MP3s and Wavs for voices. I have heard that Bethesda Softworks obtained a license for software different than that which was used for Oblivion to create the lipsynch files for Fallout 3, but that the license agreement did not cover inclusion into the GECK. Not sure if that is the real reason, but it sounds plausible.

Fortunately, I still have my old, non-downgraded version of the TES Construction Set.

Yes you can use vanilla dialogue sound files. You will need to copy the sound files that you want to use from the .bsa files that came with FO3.

When I wanted to do that, I unpacked all of the sound files from Fallout - Voices.bsa and Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa with Fallout Mod Manager into folders under /data/sound/voice/fallout3.esm. I left them under the default voicetype sub-directories then searched for the ones that I wanted to use by checking out the dialogue trees and sometimes using the text search function of the edit pulldown menu in the GECK. Then I created appropriately named voictype folders as sub-directories of my mod ( /data/sound/voice/mymod.esp ) and copied the files that I wanted to use into those folders. In some cases I used SoundForge to re-edit the files to make new dialogue, but often just re-used the same .ogg files and .lip files.

After that, you can probably use those tutorials to figure out the rest. You just need to rename the files to whatever filename the GECK assigns to your new dialogue. If you don't remix the sounds then the original lipsynch will work the same, otherwise you would need to use the TES Construction Set to create new lip files, since the GECK won't do that.

Once I was done picking out the voice files that I wanted, I just deleted all of the unused files that I unpacked. Fallout 3 goes back to using the default files in the BSAs for any voices that aren't custom.

Ah, but more specifically - is it possible to re-use voice files without having to include those files with the mod? I've noticed this in other mods and suspected what you said based on that - but I thought it was like a big no no to distribute. The path can't be hacked some how to point to the vanilla location so that the voice files don't have to be included (since they are exactly the same)?

This is probably the most confusing thing about the GECK to me, why the path would auto-generate instead of letting the person browse like everything else :blink:. I don't get it.

Ah, but more specifically - is it possible to re-use voice files without having to include those files with the mod? I've noticed this in other mods and suspected what you said based on that - but I thought it was like a big no no to distribute. The path can't be hacked some how to point to the vanilla location so that the voice files don't have to be included (since they are exactly the same)?

This is probably the most confusing thing about the GECK to me, why the path would auto-generate instead of letting the person browse like everything else :blink:. I don't get it.

Exactly X_____x' cheez... like one of many confusing things in GECK ... Did You notice hair type thing in GECK ? there's no other possibility to add new to tab without "drag and drop" way lol but nvm about this one ...