Voice Exchange, fast and easy, how to ?

ss4456

Ah, but more specifically - is it possible to re-use voice files without having to include those files with the mod? I've noticed this in other mods and suspected what you said based on that - but I thought it was like a big no no to distribute. The path can't be hacked some how to point to the vanilla location so that the voice files don't have to be included (since they are exactly the same)?

This is probably the most confusing thing about the GECK to me, why the path would auto-generate instead of letting the person browse like everything else :blink:. I don't get it.

If it was a no no to upload files pulled from FO3's .bsa data files then I don't know how modding the game would be possible to the extent that it is. Meshes and textures are edited from the originals and added to mods, why not sounds?

If there is a way to create new lines of dialogue that are pathed to existing sound files then I am unaware of it, and would like to know the method too.

Ah, but more specifically - is it possible to re-use voice files without having to include those files with the mod? I've noticed this in other mods and suspected what you said based on that - but I thought it was like a big no no to distribute. The path can't be hacked some how to point to the vanilla location so that the voice files don't have to be included (since they are exactly the same)?

This is probably the most confusing thing about the GECK to me, why the path would auto-generate instead of letting the person browse like everything else :blink:. I don't get it.

If it was a no no to upload files pulled from FO3's .bsa data files then I don't know how modding the game would be possible to the extent that it is. Meshes and textures are edited from the originals and added to mods, why not sounds?

If there is a way to create new lines of dialogue that are pathed to existing sound files then I am unaware of it, and would like to know the method too.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just assuming (oh boy) based on other games I've worked with where it was clearly stated that distributing vanilla content would get you in trouble. So like - if it's condoned - I would be just as surprised as I would be pleased :). But with the mentioned limitations almost forcing you to, who knows.

I have a few companion mods where they included vanilla voice files and I'm glad they did - otherwise they'd be mute :P. If it's impossible to re-use the files in their vanilla locations - then I understand the "why". They either expect people to distribute some vanilla content or they expect that the modder to make all of their own new files. That's of course ruling out incompetence - which may be the case as well.

I just wish I could have been in the room when the person suggested auto-generating the path so I could have slapped em.