Shopping for a Video Card

scrivener07

exactly, there's no point in buying a DX 11 card now.

there isn't a game that actually uses it, and when the first show up, they will all most likely support DX9-11 and by the time DX11 is more commonly used, there will be a flood of DX11 cards, which will then be in the price range of the 4870 now ($100 +- 25).

Okay started shopping around some more and I got all hot and bothered and am now gonna drop alot more money. Quick question, I noticed that there is G(graphics?)DDR2-5...etc on the specs for different cards. Does the memory type have to match what MY MOTHERBOARD supports in this case DDR2 or is the GDDR memory type the cards onboard ram and doesnt matter what memory type I have installed on the MB is?

Also Either Newegg has a way better deal or These are some how different.

GeForce 9800 GTX from TigerDirect- 195.99$

GeForce 9800 GTX from Newegg- 119.99$

Whats the difference besides the deal$$

No it shouldn't matter what the ram type is, the drr5 is the latest for video cards now, i wonder when it'll come down to pc ram, probably not in another 5 years i bet.

Thats a good card though, if your looking for mdeium to high settings with one, very easy to overclock.

Works flawless, no problems at all.

The GDDR5 is just the type of memory the graphics card uses, and will work with any motherboard which you can actually plug the graphics card into.

But I find it odd how nobody has mentioned the HD4890 here, it is effectively two 4870s bolted onto one board, and only costs around £130-140. Its excellent value, even more so than the 4870, and a brilliant card to boot. I have one in my current PC, and while I normally hate ATi cards with a passion, I'm loving this one. And it sure beats paying £2-300 for the equivallent nVidia offering :P

Wow i just realized that card has a whopping 800stream processors, now thats a card :thumbsup: .

Not a big fan of ati myself but thats a good card.

imagine that in crossfire.

actually newegg is selling it for 200$, see for yourself.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16814102841

i've got a 4890 his iceq4+ 1gig overclocked for around 400 nzd

note i put my currency down so you can do the maths into ur currency

note2 if you have a good enough bord,psu and screen i recommend getting 2 then xfireing them