Advice needed

rayne_89

Getting straight to the point I wish to know how to make CM partners of my existing save characters, I have both vanila and custom race character saves, I would like advice on making both into comanions with the same face aswel, as I have put images up of my most used character Yoroichi and people have commented and rated her allot so I wish to make her a companion for all to use as they wish aswel as for my own personal use and now I have the time to make this happen, I just need to know how, your help will be much appreciated and will not go to waste.

xXxrayne_89xXx

I've never converted my characters to companions (though I wanted, but couldn't) but I converted some saves from TesNexus to NPCs (for use as companions) using Wrye Bash - simply open Wrye Bash and in "Mods" tab click PPM on plugin file (you can just load file "oblivion.esm" in CS and save it) and select "Import\Face..." then select save with you girl - the program will tell you the ID of created NPC. Now Load the plugin in CS, find your character and when editing go to "Face Advanced" tab and click on "Copy". Now create new NPC (or edit existing) and in "Face Advanced" tab click on "Paste". You should now see your character face (it may be a bit different if the race of NPC is different from "donor" of face). I've never copied face from save when player wasn't vanilla race, but I think you should load race's .esp file when loading plugin with face. I don't know if it's needed, but I would also duplicate the custom race, make it unplayable and then create companion using this duplicated race (in Oblivion, plugins cannot exchange resources between themselves, so you have to create new race for companion - but that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong). Hope it will be of some use for you. ;)

P.S: Sorry if there are grammar mistakes or something - English isn't my country's language.

Thanks, I also need to know what programs I will need to make this happen, I've tried installing bash but it just doesn't work unless of course its already in my computer without me knowing.

Thank you so much I've just downloaded Wrye Python and all I got to do is instal it, wish me luck, I'm such a noob at this, lets hope it goes well because I really want to give back to the comunity I've downloaded from for a long time, thanks again.

xXxrayne_89xXx