I just LOVE playing Fallout 10 seconds at a time

silvawhite

I know the internet is full of crashing issues for Fallout 3, but nomatter how hard I try and look for a solution, all I get is "oh yeah I have the same problem" kthx I really don't care...srsly... I had fallout 3 working perfectly before, and I had 50-zillion mods on it (still working perfect at the time) but then my computer became a homosexual and pretty much died, so I had to get my system formatted and I lost everything(even my saves) except for my mods. Of course the first thing I did when I got my computer back was re-install Fallout 3 and I decided to play through it a little bit before re-activating my mods. But after that intro I cant even get to the part where as a baby you can hear your mothers heartbeat, it just locks up and I have to turn off my computer. I got angry and downloaded a save game from nexus that starts at the end of the escape mission and when I use it I play for about ten seconds and it freezes. What am I doing wrong??? I downloaded the latest patch I have FOMM,FOSE and that archive invalid thing and I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME FOR A LITTLE LONGER THEN TEN ****ING SECONDS :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I've had that, I had to up the settings in the default launcher's advanced settings, not to max just not minimum.

BTW: Welcome to the Nexus.

Are you saying I should set it on like... medium or something?

Thanks its nice to feel welcome :D

yeah, just don't trust the detail (low, medium, high & ultra) buttons to much.

I've had that, I had to up the settings in the default launcher's advanced settings, not to max just not minimum.

BTW: Welcome to the Nexus.

Are you saying I should set it on like... medium or something?

Thanks its nice to feel welcome :D

yeah, just don't trust the detail (low, medium, high & ultra) buttons to much.

Damn. No Luck :pinch: , I watch the intro and just before the baby can hear the heartbeat it freezes (Ive deleted all the downloaded save games cause they dont work :dry: )

Delete everything. Game files, mods, saves, everything. Then download and run CCleaner using it to clean out your registry and all your temporary files. After that is finished, reboot your PC and run Defrag. After all that, install Fallout 3, patch 1.7 and any DLCs and then start a game with no mods at all and see if you can play. Go on with your mods from there.

It's worth noting that you should use Timeslip's Fallout Mod Manager to install and manage all your mods.

Get Fallout 3 Edit and run it in MasterUpdate mode before you play with any installed mods, especially if your game is properly patched to 1.7.

Both of these utilities have good readmes and there is a training manual for FO3Edit that is very useful, I recommend knowing them thoroughly. Proper use of these utilities will prevent a lot of problems.

Delete everything. Game files, mods, saves, everything. Then download and run CCleaner using it to clean out your registry and all your temporary files. After that is finished, reboot your PC and run Defrag. After all that, install Fallout 3, patch 1.7 and any DLCs and then start a game with no mods at all and see if you can play. Go on with your mods from there.

It's worth noting that you should use Timeslip's Fallout Mod Manager to install and manage all your mods.

Get Fallout 3 Edit and run it in MasterUpdate mode before you play with any installed mods, especially if your game is properly patched to 1.7.

Both of these utilities have good readmes and there is a training manual for FO3Edit that is very useful, I recommend knowing them thoroughly. Proper use of these utilities will prevent a lot of problems.

Turns out I can't play oblivion either, meaning the problem most likely lies in my video card cause whenever I have the oblivion menus up, the screen looks all glitchy and stuff...

Some things that will keep Fallout3 from running right out of the box.

1. Installing to the default directory (C:\Program Files\Bethesda\Fallout3). It is highly recommended to install to something like C:\Games\Fallout3), especially on PCs using Windows Vista. Vista's UAC (User Account Control) doesn't like Fallout3 much :D and causes a lot of headaches. This is a good practice for all game installations on Vista, actually.

2. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.

3. Get the K-Lite codec program and install it. It prevents ffdshow from freezing/crashing Fallout3. The latest version already has Oblivion and Fallout in the exclude list.

4. Get Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM), ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated and FO3Edit. The first two are great for handling the installation of mods you download. The last is a must-have for detecting and resolving conflicts. Miax's great FO3Edit Guide will show you how to use it.

It could be your video card, have you noticed any strange blue snow effects or a lot of artifacts. Are there any strange, quick little pops of white light when you look around? I had these symptoms when my old Nvidia 8800GTX was dying.

csb, isn't Klite only for Windows XP or is there a Vista version as well?

It could be your video card, have you noticed any strange blue snow effects or a lot of artifacts. Are there any strange, quick little pops of white light when you look around? I had these symptoms when my old Nvidia 8800GTX was dying.

csb, isn't Klite only for Windows XP or is there a Vista version as well?

Yes, I get little pops of white light when I look around, I think it might be my video card I'm pretty sure