I NEED TIGHTS!

Kritik6

Hey guys

I'm deciding to make a make a few superhero mods and the only way i can do it is it to retexture. So i reeeeeeeeaaaally need a full body suit for the male gender. I've tried retexturing on the muscle body mesh in the mod "Robert's FO3 Males" and it turned out pretty good but it changed all of the people the game obviously which i don't want.

I've searched a lot for tights and the only one i've found which is reasonable are the "Radioactive suit by Backsteppo" but the downside is that the mesh has a belt and a thunder bolt thingy on his head which i don't know how to remove. The next best thing i found was Urban camo suit in the mod "Nippy Clothing V3". It was good but the .dds file for it was weird it was just a big square with camo texture on it so i didn't know which part was the chest, legs, arms, etc.

I soon got a great idea of just retexturing the mesh from Robert's FO3 Male and then open up G.E.C.K and load it as a new piece of armor. But it didn't work...The "new armor" just appeared as the normal mash even though if i retextured the "new armor" and changed the texture paths for it in nifskope. So what i mean is, if i retexture the new armor as black (the original mesh has the normal skin color) and i load it up in GECK, and do everything i'm meant to and i put it in game and i get the piece of armor. So when i put the piece of armor on, it isn't black and it has the normal skin color. I might be wrong but it might have somethign to do with the sk.dds . I MIGHT BE WRONG!

By the way, i'm new to modding and i've ALWAYS wanted to make a Flash and Superman mod. :D. Right now, i'm just retexturing the chinese stealth suit but it's got a stupid belt and some stupid wires that stick out.

Once again, i need a FULL BODY SUIT FOR THE MALE GENDER WITHOUT BELTS AND WEIRD STUFF ON IT.

Thanks for the help guys.

• 5 years later...

Kritik6 - Hello!

"The "new armor" just appeared as the normal mash even though if i retextured the "new armor" and changed the texture paths for it in nifskope."

Skin parts of armor have a few extra Shader settings so that the skin can match the player's chosen race, you'll need to switch them off in order to convert a body to clothing.

In Nifskope left click on the body, it's NiTriStrip will be highlighted.

Go to the highlighted NiTriStrip & expand it's details by clicking on the little arrow, within that locate the BSShaderPPLightingProperty & left click it so that it's details are displayed at the bottom in Block Details.

In the BSShaderPPLightingProperty Block Details look for the Shader setting:

SHADER_SKIN

Double left click & a pull down box can be displayed by clicking the arrow, select:

SHADER_DEFAULT

Now look right below that setting & you'll see "Shader Flags", double left click that to see a pull down with different shaders ticked & untick:

SF_FACEGEN

The body will now stop acting as skin & will respond to the new texture you point it to.

"it might have somethign to do with the sk.dds"

Remove the _sk.dds path from your mesh it is, as you guessed, related to skin & not for clothing.

For really making changes to the mesh you'll a 3D program like Blender, the very best guide I've found for clothes making is here:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout._Part_1

It's in two parts, is detailed yet written in simple step by step terms. Though some skill with Blender & Nifskope is required.

There's also "Creating basic clothes in 5 minutes using Blender":

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_basic_clothes_in_5_minutes_using_Blender

Good luck with your project & hope this helps!

Prensa