The Junk Yard - New Town/Community

Roborabbit

The junk yard is a WIP I have not released it yet I want to know what people think and know if anyone would like to help with some things for example:

additional content

quests

Scripting (Advanced)

And ideas.

NOTE: Green world is not needed for this mod, the mod looks and works perfectly fine without it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE JUNK YARD

The junk yard will be a small community built by the people you will have to complete requests to gain entrance and then more to gain their trust to their valuable fort. After you gain their trust the leader will offer you one of two houses both houses will be different and I may add the option of adding a hard quest to get the other that you don't choose. Nearly every area is reachable through ladders, doors and ramps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the mod will include (in a nutshell)

Large and small quests (Need help with this part)

New npcs to interact with, npcs will have full dialogue and scheduled AI (possibly voice acting if someone wants to do this)

Player houses with lots of fun triggers and scripts to keep you entertained for hours!

Hopefully a boat system that the player can drive (with wasd keys!) and a system where they can get a lift to a dock in different location along the Potomac

Any ideas that are put forth which are doable.

Characters (created so far)

Walter: A maintenance man, Walter lives alone in the sewer tending to the piping that can be found down there. Although Walter lives in a sewer he has a very cozy place (with extreme scripting!) and enjoys spending his free time playing the violin or forging important letters. Walter has used his plumbing and electrical skills to create a very unique and interesting home. Whether its nuka cola bottle that have been modified to be water features or a bed curtain that can be mechanically closed and opened Walter has it all. A nice feature is the ability to set what ever lighting tone you feel like as every light in his house has the ability to be turned on or off creating lots of possible combination's of lighting. Walter is very nice but it will take a little while to gain his trust, the reward of gaining his trust you get to live in his house as well!.

Dave? (forgotten his name at this moment in time): Dave controls the water tower he lives up there keeping an eye on the maintenance of the purifier. He like Walter also has a nice setup not as much scripting but still nice. Dave spends all of his time up here and enjoys models and of course fixing and building things. You can climb up and visit him and he loves visitors as he rarely gets any at all... ever.

That is all the characters that I have created for now if you have any requests or you would like to see your character in this mod then please tell me.

What I need and want.

The big one is IDEAS

I also need help so if you want to help out just tell me, you can help me by:

Making meshes, I can make meshes but not very well so it would be nice to have a couple new monster bosses for the quests etc.

Scripting Advanced, for any ideas people might have and some that I have.

I need someone to make quests and I will learn from your work :)

Nav meshing, I'm a beginner navmesher so this project really strains my skills.

If you are not particularly good at any of these or you have other attributes (voice acting etc.) and want to help and contribute tell me I would really appreciate any help I can get. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now folks ;)

Very nice, would you be able to make the interior inside it so there are no loading times just a door to open I will furnish it. Doesn't matter would just be good.

I have an idea for you.

I think it would be cool if there were a bunch of old buses used to make a wall around the junk yard with a catwalk and railing on top and crows nests on the corners and gate. I think that would really give you the fort look you are going for while keeping it distinct from places like Megaton.

I think it would be cool if there were a bunch of old buses used to make a wall around the junk yard with a catwalk and railing on top and crows nests on the corners and gate. I think that would really give you the fort look you are going for...

But make unique buses that don't explode. :ermm:

What I Have done so far:

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot168.jpg

Front View

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot166.jpg

Back View

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot170.jpg

Water tower house

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot176.jpg

Wilson house part 1

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot175.jpg

Wilson house part 2

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot163.jpg

Standing on the plank

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/robocontrols/ScreenShot177.jpg

Every light can be turned off.

That is what I have done so far any feedback would be much appreciated

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

!!!!!NOTE!!!!!

Green world is not required for this mod to work, but it is compatible with it. The junk yard looks more 'junky' without the trees. If anyone would like to see screen shots of the mod without greenworld tell me I will be glad to put them up.

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Sorry to those that thought I hadn't created it yet, I did try to add these pics earlier but they wouldn't work.

@BadPenney

But make unique buses that don't explode. :ermm:

I had that problem when I first started. There were so many cars and nearly all of them were exploding ones. Gave me quite a shock to first load it up and see a massive explosion, so big that it actually blew the navmesh apart ie. first there was terrain that you could walk on, (big explosion) and then there was nothing just a big square in the terrain that you could not walk on? Pretty weird.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment! :)