Help!! OBMM trouble!

insanegamer

So I installed the Oblivion Mod Manager twelve times so far and each time it keeps saying I'm a limited user and I can't install more mods. How do I fix it? The explanation they give doesn't help because when I try to install it to a different file it says it needs to be installed to the oblivion directory file. Any real help would be great! Thanks!

You must BE an administrator on your computer first. Did you set up your computer yourself or did someone else set it up for you?

Usually if you set it up you will be the administrator by default.

Try this procedure

1. Navigate to your Oblivion folder - this is where you installed the game.

2. find OblivionModManager.exe This is the OBMM program. NOT the shortcut icon

3. RIGHT click on the OblivionModManager.exe A drop down list should appear.

4. At the bottom of the list you should see properties. LEFT click on Properties.

5. A box should appear. At the top find the tab labeled Compatibility, left click on it

6. Near the bottom is a check block labeled Run this Program as an administrator, check it

7 click on the box that says 'Change settings for all users' (in case you use a different user to play)

8. click on the apply box in the lower right corner, then click on the OK box.

9. try it to see if it works.

Normally as the administrator you should automatically have administrator privileges for all programs.

I've had this problem quite a few times with OBMM, and I've followed every regular technique for allowing OBMM recognize you, including disabling the UAC (if you're a Vista user like myself, which is unfortunate). What I did was create my own Oblivion folder on my desktop and re-installed Oblivion to that folder, then installed OBMM afterwards. Haven't had an issue since.

• 2 weeks later...