Problem with Far Cry 2, only Far Cry 2?

OBLIV_2008

I'll begin with my system specs,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 2.21 Processor

1gig memory

ATI Radeon X1650

Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme

Here are the games I currently have on my system that I can play with no problem. Crysis, Silent Hunter Wolves Of The Pacific, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Tomb Raider Underworld, Grid, Oblivion, MAH Airborne, and FEAR. All these I can play with no problem.

Here is the problem, I recently acquired the processor from a buddy about 4 months ago. Far Cry 2 played real good on high settings for a couple of months. Now, it is very laggy even on the lowest settings, There is a white dotted line that goes around my character and the weapon. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it 3 times, the last time I went into the reg and deleted everything to do with far cry. reinstalled it and still does the same thing. All my other games play fine, just for some reason I am having problems with this one game.

And for some reason I cannot update my video drivers. I can download the update, I can install the update. But when I check the version number in the system specs and the device manager the version numbers are different and they do not correspond to the version of the most recent update.