fallout 3 pc noob

Dan3345

K so I am new here, and I am getting (or plan to) get fallout 3 GoTY for my hp tomorrow. It is a laptop and has 3gb ram, 320gb hard drive (only 20gb used) i have nvidia 8600 inside it, which while isnt great but it is ok, I can run spore just fine with this graphics card. I want to know if you guys think my computer can handle fallout 3 on low settings? And I HAVE played fallout 3 in fact I totally beat it on xbox 360. Lastly I am getting this on pc mostly for mods, and i want to know if it is hard to install mods into the game (not make mods).. i did it with spore but spore but could be easilier I dont know.. Soo thanks for the help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am running vista. (soon though it will be windows 7)

K so I am new here, and I am getting (or plan to) get fallout 3 GoTY for my hp tomorrow. It is a laptop and has 3gb ram, 320gb hard drive (only 20gb used) i have nvidia 8600 inside it, which while isnt great but it is ok, I can run spore just fine with this graphics card. I want to know if you guys think my computer can handle fallout 3 on low settings? And I HAVE played fallout 3 in fact I totally beat it on xbox 360. Lastly I am getting this on pc mostly for mods, and i want to know if it is hard to install mods into the game (not make mods).. i did it with spore but spore but could be easilier I dont know.. Soo thanks for the help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am running vista. (soon though it will be windows 7)

go here: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

select Fallout 3 in the drop down list (accept the plugin if you haven't it already)

and you will get a table showing you if you can run minimum and recommended settings, here quickly the min requirements:

CPU

Minimum: 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

RAM

Minimum: 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)

Video Card

Minimum: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)

Features:

Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required

Video RAM 256 MB

3D Yes

Hardware T&L Yes

Pixel Shader version 2.0

Vertex Shader version 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
im new to and i have no idea what im doing and im tring to figure out how to download a mod for starters

hello and Welcome! How do you mean mod for starters?