Older version standards?

Mick6425

I am new to modding. I made the mistake of uploading my mod as I finished it. In the end, the mod required all three DLCs and was much more bug free and complete. The problem is, when the final was released, I uploaded the complete mod and an update for those who had the previous version. Now, because so many are still using the version before the last, I feel I have to leave it up even though some are still having issues with bugs that are no longer in the final version.

My question is this: How long do I leave the older versions up? Shoudl I even leave them up? Do I give some form of notice that I am removing the old mods? (I feel guilty because so many are still using the version before the final version and I don't want to leave anyone hanging.)

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mick

why would you need to leave the older version up... because if people are useing the older version they must already have the file...

so leaving an older version up would only allow NEW people to download your OLD file...

so I see absolutly no reason at all to even consider leaving the old version up

when I finished A Good Hairday ver. 2 I completly got rid of ver. 1 right before I put up ver. 2

Make one completely bug free new version of the mod.

Warn no one.

Play dramatic music.

Delete the old versions. Upload all new files. Update download display page and file readme to explain what just happened.

Show amazing special effects.

Cue credits.

Field complaints.