N00bie needs help

craigiecraigie

Hi guys,

Awesome work the mods are doing! I think I get what's going on and how to install, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Please would someone with 2 mins to spare give me a leg up:

• I have finished F3, but uninstalled THEN bought PointLookout which requires that I finish the main mission AGAIN!
  • Cool, but second time round I'm gonna 1) cheat and 2) get me some eye candy!
  • So, I downloaded Type3 mod, FOMM, FOSE (not sure why) and ArchiveInvalidated, and I installed as follows:
  • Installed F3 and PointLookout which required 1.6 patch - don't think that messes up the mods
  • Ran FOMM to 'activate' mods
  • Got nothing, so read instructions and copied folders to my data directory (textures & meshes folders did NOT exist at all before I did this - sound right?)
  • Now, if I kill a female I see nudity - and not for males (phew). Woohoo! Cool! BUT, here's what I want to achieve:
  • 1) Naked character - ideally better looking than my current dyke
  • 2) Naked companion. Where do I get a companion; never had one first play thro :(
  • 3) Naked raiders everywhere! Don't wanna have to kill them. Or just as good, raiders wearing WAY skimpy outfits.
  • 4) Any other eye candy & gore improvements anyone can recommend to make this loooong trek more enjoyable

I can see from the mod galleries that this can be done. What am I doing wrong? I suspect I need to combine several mods, but I tried and I don't see immediate benefits. So I further suspect that the mods don't work throughout, but rather enhance specific locations such as a strip bar somewhere. Hell, my character is still fully clothed (and looks pretty crap to boot)! If anyone has done a mod101 I'd really appreciate a pointer to it. You know; do this, do that, and here's the 5 fundamental mods everyone should install.

Once again, thanks for helping and not flaming <cringing in corner waiting for abuse>

I can see from the mod galleries that this can be done. What am I doing wrong? I suspect I need to combine several mods, but I tried and I don't see immediate benefits. So I further suspect that the mods don't work throughout, but rather enhance specific locations such as a strip bar somewhere. Hell, my character is still fully clothed (and looks pretty crap to boot)! If anyone has done a mod101 I'd really appreciate a pointer to it. You know; do this, do that, and here's the 5 fundamental mods everyone should install.

Clothing mods generally come with an outfit and a box. You will never see them in the game unless you retrieve them from the box and either wear them yourself or give them to an NPC (companion). Most of the screenshots you see with clothing mods are the author's character modeling the clothes. There are a number of outfits designated as "replacers". These will, uh, replace, a vanilla armor so you will actually see it in game. Seach nexus for "replacer".

For a better looking player character, check out Asharas Character Presets. Install and go for a haircut to change your characters look.

If you want NPCs throughout the game sporting skimpy outfits, LingsPrettyThings is your ticket. WYSISWG on the images.