Dialogue check problem

spammster

okay, I'm working on my little mod, to turn you into a ghoul with some backstory and that all works out just fine, however I added a second (and a third) quest, the first step in the dialogue shows up, plays through and sets the correct stage in the quest.

now the idea is to get 25 bloodpacks to complete that quest, once one has 25 bloodpacks in his inventory, the next dialogue is supposed to show up, i made sure its linked to the greeting etc.

I used as condition:

getitemcount bloodpack >= 25

however, even though 25 bloodpacks are in the inventory, the option does not show up.

any clues ?

and a slighty different problem shows up in the third quest (that ones open ended and starts once the second quest is completed) offers the option to sell further bloodpacks and the possibility to get more money out of it, if you completed arefu with the trade bloodpack option. i set that one up like this (after the inital taks etc.) (3 options depending if one wants to sell 1, or 10)

for 1 it looks like this:

I have 1 bloodpack for you ->

answer 1: it ain't much but it will keep me going, here's your caps || condition: getitemcount bloodpack >= 1

answer 2: are you kidding me, you don't have a bloodpack || condition: getitemcount bloodpack < 1

however, no matter how many bloodpacks are in the inventory, its always answer 2.

EDIT:

okay, i got the second quest fixed by removing getitemcount and replacing it with getstage, however, the problem in the thrid quest still remains.

anyone got any ideas why getitemcount isn't working ?

Maybe you could try:

if player.getitemcount bloodpack >= 25

I think that the dialogue condition for that would be ( TARGET ) getitemcount bloodpack >= 25

Target and Subject designations in dialogue can be confusing.

If George is waiting for George's item count to exceed 25 then it may never happen, but if George is waiting for the player to get more than 25 before accepting delivery then maybe he will pay out and:

player.additem caps001 500

endif

You could also use the bloodpack inventory count of the player to set a quest variable in your quest script, and use that variable to toggle whether a line of dialogue is available.

scn BloodTraderSCRIPT

short packed

Begin GameMode

if player.GetItemCount Bloodpack >= 25
	  set packed to 1
 elseif player.GetItemCount Bloodpack < 25 && packed == 1
	  set packed to 0
 endif
End

Then you could set the dialogue accepting the bloodpacks to display only if the BloodTrader questvariable equals 1.

Maybe you could try:

if player.getitemcount bloodpack >= 25

I think that the dialogue condition for that would be ( TARGET ) getitemcount bloodpack >= 25

Target and Subject designations in dialogue can be confusing.

If George is waiting for George's item count to exceed 25 then it may never happen, but if George is waiting for the player to get more than 25 before accepting delivery then maybe he will pay out and:

player.additem caps001 500

endif

You could also use the bloodpack inventory count of the player to set a quest variable in your quest script, and use that variable to toggle whether a line of dialogue is available.

scn BloodTraderSCRIPT

short packed

Begin GameMode

if player.GetItemCount Bloodpack >= 25
	  set packed to 1
 elseif player.GetItemCount Bloodpack < 25 && packed == 1
	  set packed to 0
 endif
End

Then you could set the dialogue accepting the bloodpacks to display only if the BloodTrader questvariable equals 1.

thanks, forgot to type it but i did use player.getitemcount (always add player.XXX even if its not required)

for now i decided to just get rid of the quest, once I extended it some more and worked out all the flaws, i might take it up again, so thanks for the advise, I'm gonna give that a try when i redo that quest.