Alton, Illinois

ElijahHouck

Are you from the area? If so, awesome!

And unfortunately, no, no Piasa Bird. But you'll definitely recognize some locations, namely the Clark Bridge, River Road, the Subway/Imo's/Schnuck's/Walgreens area (i.e. State Street), etc. ;)

Also, everyone, expect a release... soon. I'm wrapping up the scripting on the main quest as we speak (actually just finished another quest a few minutes before typing this), and after that it's just a couple of simple side quests. GET READY!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, some great news- I've gotten LOD generation to work in Alton. I'll write a tutorial on how to do it when this is said and done, since the GECK is notorious for not wanting to generate for large worlds.

For those of you that don't know the meaning of LOD, think of it like this- it's the difference between seeing a few cells in front of you or seeing a vast, sweeping landscape that goes on for miles. ;)

Alright, some great news- I've gotten LOD generation to work in Alton. I'll write a tutorial on how to do it when this is said and done, since the GECK is notorious for not wanting to generate for large worlds.

For those of you that don't know the meaning of LOD, think of it like this- it's the difference between seeing a few cells in front of you or seeing a vast, sweeping landscape that goes on for miles. ;)

I'm very interested in how you managed to get LOD generation to work, it's a major roadblock right now for anyone wanting to create new exterior worldspaces of any appreciable size.

I'm very interested in how you managed to get LOD generation to work, it's a major roadblock right now for anyone wanting to create new exterior worldspaces of any appreciable size.

No doubt about that. Alton is 439 terrain chunks (wasteland is 1500ish if I remember right), with an explorable area twice the size of Point Lookout, so it's definitely benefiting from LOD.

Guess who gets to see the first screenshot of Alton with LOD? You do!

Enjoy!

Factions? Hopefully as meaningful as factions in NV, instead of crapfactions like 3, where even if you sided with Eden, Enclave troops would still pewpew you.

Indeed as meaningful as factions in NV. You side with one, the other hates you, and the other stops attacking you. The story also shifts completely based on who you side with.

You'll see, just wait until later this month (hopefully)! ;)

• 4 weeks later...