What's your favorite character in Fallout 3?

devdrago12

• 3 weeks later...

It's good to see a vote for Eden. Once you talk him out of genocide he doesn't seem like he'd be too bad a "person", and he doesn't actually commit genocide, he's only planning on it ... until you talk him out of it.

I see him as a victim of his programming, of his evil masters whose last order was to do this terrible thing, and his final rite of passage into full sentience is when he breaks his programming and realizes that killing all those people would be wrong.

Then he self-destructs. Like, wait a minute, he backed down from his fiendish plan and finally became his own "person" just like Harkness, and now he has to die? He would've had to die had he not broken free of his original programming, but for a machine intelligence that extraordinary to finally realize its humanity only to die for it just seemed tragic.

I think the Lone Wanderer should've had a chance to talk him out of suicide if you've solved both the Harkness quest (in favor of Harkness) and you have positive Karma. You could maybe talk Eden into experiencing humility and true camaraderie by joining the Brotherhood of Steel as an initiate scribe. Then you could talk to him and give him advice and stuff by using one of the Citadel's computer terminals. And his broadcasts would change, too, like he'd be all super-patriotic for the Brotherhood of Steel (because Eden still has to be Eden; it's in the nature of his personality.)

Edit: I can explain that better: Dark comedy is part of the Fallout signature. If Brotherhood of Steel members started complaining in their idle chatter about how Eden is even more annoying cheerleading for the Brotherhood because you feel guilty for hating his broadcasts, that's kind of what I was thinking. Eden is still just as annoying but now he's on your side ...

Edited by RatcatcherOfKvatch

My favorite character is Gob. He's so nice and friendly. All he needs is a pal to help him get through the day. Three Dog is pretty funny though.