Add more NPCs

kalabahuae

Hey.

Im trying to add a little more life to some towns, for example Megaton, by adding more npcs.

What i did was to copy the template data from a megaton settler, and then changed the face, hair and gave it a name.

I know i am missing something here, as it does not spawn at all, but im brand new to GECK so im quite confused atm.

Does anyone know what i am missing? I tried to look around, but as i dont really know what i am doing wrong, yeah.... =)

Thanks

If you made a duplicate gear and placed it inside an auto transmission and went for a drive you might hear a terrible grinding screech, or you might be lucky and nothing would happen. If you continued to add duplicated transmission gears then maybe nothing would happen so often that the car would stop working altogether.

Hey kalabahuae, it gets easier, so stick with it. The more you mod the easier it becomes. I assume that you used the Megaton Settler NPC and changed the Editor ID to create a new form?

It looks like all the megaton settlers start in the Megaton Common House (right click on a settler and select Use Info from the flyout menu). So if you add additional ones, you will need to add them to the common house. You can do this by selecting Interiors in the World Space drop down list (in the Cell View window), and locating MegatonCommonHouse, then double clicking it. Once the cell has loaded in the render window, you can drag your NPC from the object window into the render windo and then mess around with placing until they are located in the room without clipping through the floor walls or anything else.

You will need to ensure that the correct AI packages are loaded for the NPC (check the AI packages tab).

That is one way to do it, obviously, the common room is going to get pretty crowded if you add a lot of NPCs