ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

When is the ODST mod coming out

corupdead

the mod is basicly not released, and it definately wont get a release on nexus or somin hence even if someone would be jerky enough to abuse it it wouldnt become very widespread... as was said, neither modeller, nor modder or owner would approve of that and fight any ill release and the big sites usually care for such things

and its not a videogame reward or somin, the model simply was "devoted" to those that serve and the mod was never thought to be publicly released in any way... however as it seems spectre tends to give it to people who ask nicely, i doubt that it has much to do with wether the person asking for it ever served or not

i might not have made myself clear in the other post however, "gift" was meant as the model was given to spectre for free, as a token of gratitude for his service, the mod is a completely different story

you can publicly buy the model at turbosquid or somin if remember correctly tho, but it wont be game ready without heavy adjustments to pose, shape, rigging, etc...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes on fallout underground

this is what he said:

Well, I am currently no where near a computer that can do anything graphically......

the closest computer has a hard time running WOW....so anything to be done will have

to wait really until this new mission/ task from the Department of the Army is done....

and I can get back on that damn plane and fly for 20 more hours back home.....

• 2 weeks later...
weird release criteria... what stops people from making up a story that they served...

video game reward for real life danger sounds more like patronization than anything.

i support the brave people out there but come on... vg mod exclusivity for rl wartime? really?

its only a matter of time before its gets distrod anyways...

Skree your good at making halo stuff you should make a better version!

the mod is basicly not released, and it definately wont get a release on nexus or somin hence even if someone would be jerky enough to abuse it it wouldnt become very widespread... as was said, neither modeller, nor modder or owner would approve of that and fight any ill release and the big sites usually care for such things

and its not a videogame reward or somin, the model simply was "devoted" to those that serve and the mod was never thought to be publicly released in any way... however as it seems spectre tends to give it to people who ask nicely, i doubt that it has much to do with wether the person asking for it ever served or not

i might not have made myself clear in the other post however, "gift" was meant as the model was given to spectre for free, as a token of gratitude for his service, the mod is a completely different story

you can publicly buy the model at turbosquid or somin if remember correctly tho, but it wont be game ready without heavy adjustments to pose, shape, rigging, etc...

I’ve never heard Spectre say anithing about not releasing his mod. As far as I know he was stationed somewhere else for the time being and he doesn’t have access to his PC. That is why we are all waiting for the mod. I don’t see why he would not release it. If someone gave him the ODST model as a gift for his service in the army, I think that was a pretty cool thing to do, but I don’t see why that would stop him from uploading it here or anywhere else. Unless the creator of the model asked him not to release it in which case I will release my ODST mod.

talked with him last week and he wasnt sure yet if he wanted it released now that you all beg for it or not, i had the feeling that he was drifting towards releasing it even if its just to stop the email spam :D

and yes hes somewhere far from his dear badass computer and he cant access nexus from that place either,

however if he really wanted it released he could just have dropped a note as i still have it lingering around somewhere

edit: sorry i was wrong, all went to hell with a neat virus back in summer :D i just have an early alpha left... edit2: mmh lol, somehow i still have a game ready version, dunno if its the final one tho :D, i guess not as it doesnt have the explorational corps insignia on it... mmmh...

@junin

if you have one yourself just go on and release it lol, as long as it aint the mod from nathan, me and spectre i dont see why you shouldnt

teaser :bunny: :

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3626/screenshot183x.jpg

talked with him last week and he wasnt sure yet if he wanted it released now that you all beg for it or not, i had the feeling that he was drifting towards releasing it even if its just to stop the email spam :D

and yes hes somewhere far from his dear badass computer and he cant access nexus from that place either,

however if he really wanted it released he could just have dropped a note as i still have it lingering around somewhere

edit: sorry i was wrong, all went to hell with a neat virus back in summer :D i just have an early alpha left... edit2: mmh lol, somehow i still have a game ready version, dunno if its the final one tho :D, i guess not as it doesnt have the explorational corps insignia on it... mmmh...

@junin

if you have one yourself just go on and release it lol, as long as it aint the mod from nathan, me and spectre i dont see why you shouldnt

That looks really nice man. Don’t post any more screenshots or people are going to start harassing you. I’m going to pm spetre again and make sure he doesn’t have a problem with me releasing my version. I don’t want to step on any toes here, know what I mean? Anyway, just curious who actually modeled that armor, (big props to him) that is very accurate? Anyway I’m going to dig up my files and put a mod together, maybe I’ll release some variants like the close quarter combat and recon. By the way, I know you and I know Spetre, but who is Nathan.

@junin

That looks really nice man. Don’t post any more screenshots or people are going to start harassing you. I’m going to pm spetre again and make sure he doesn’t have a problem with me releasing my version. I don’t want to step on any toes here, know what I mean? Anyway, just curious who actually modeled that armor, (big props to him) that is very accurate? Anyway I’m going to dig up my files and put a mod together, maybe I’ll release some variants like the close quarter combat and recon. By the way, I know you and I know Spetre, but who is Nathan.

you may have to PM him at f3underground.

@corupdead

why dont you post such requests in his battlefield thread? lol

@junin

just email spectre then (i think you have his adress, if not pm me), afaik he can read them or wait till he gets online in msn

nathan is the guy who made the model

and well people can try to harass me as much as they want, the screenshot is from an early alpha which isnt any good, its not well weighted, the texture aint as cool as the final one and the model is not optimized for fallout, female and male version, neither does it have gloves lol, i simply dont have the final version anymore, its lost and only spectre has it afaik... thus there is no point in annoying me hehe ;)