NPC help

FableSamurai

Hey there, well all let me start off by saying i'm loving the nexus, been browsing the mods for a while now and tinkering with the geck here and there, but now i would like to start modding for the site. But i've run into small problems here and there, but usually i can find a tutorial or something on how to fix it, but i havent found a good tutorial on making npcs. I've seen a decent one but it didnt help with the inventory and such. And thats actually where my main problem is. I'm newbish at this so i'd like a few helpful tips for changing inventory of my new npc, changing hair and weapons and such. Thanks alot guys!

(If there is already an article in the nexus about it and i missed it i'm sorry haha)

Tutorials are helpful. At some point you must experiment. If you are working on a large mod that you are cautious about experimenting with, then create small x mods that let you manipulate the NPC edit sliders, inventory and characteristics. If you don't like the results of your experiments then you can delete the x mod file without affecting your main mod.

Inventory on NPC is easy to change. There is an inventory tab in each NPC edit window. Click and drag items from the Object lists into the Inventory to add to the NPC, drag items out of the Inventory to delete them from the NPC. If you change NPC clothing then it may not appear to change in the GECK until the file has been saved and the GECK restarted. NPCs will not operate weapons in their inventory that do not have ammunition. I have used levelled list weapons for NPCs [ weapon "withAmmo"] so that they stay armed as intended.