Mod for freed slaves

AxlDave

Can anyone make a mod where the freed slaves from Paradise Falls (eg Bronson, Ms Jeanette, Bleak etc) run to the Lincoln Memorial/Temple of the Union (depending on your progress in Head Of State quest) instead of disappearing as soon as they exit Paradise Falls? And if they manage to get there, they then start a patrol/sandbox like the Temple of the Union slaves and become part of their faction. The fact that they don't do this has always bugged me, especially as Bronson has a slave map on him that says how to get there.

If you haven't moved the ToU slaves to Lincoln Memorial, then the PF slaves turn up at the ToU building and hang around with the ToU slaves til the Head Of State quest is complete, then either die with ToU slaves or relocate to the Linc Mem depending on how you do that quest.

Dunno about Breadbox, maybe he goes with them or maybe he hangs out at Paradise Falls on his lonesome. Could depend on whethere there's anyone left, if you've shot the place up and all slavers are dead, maybe he'll want to go with everyone else.

Maybe also include something so that any generic freed slaves (eg Evergreen Mills and random encounters) also attempt to run there and join the ToU (but only if they are at Lincoln memorial)... perhaps a dialogue option when speaking to them?

I don't really know much about scripting etc but I'm pretty sure most of the work should already be done in the ToU slaves scripting, should just be a case of copying and doing some minor adjustments... right?

this is far from simple.

you would have to rewrite their entire scripting, condition the hell out of it, not too mention that you can't just add a sandboxing package in midgame, either they have it always or they don't. So you would have to basically duplicate every slave in the game, disable them, and once you free a slave, have em run off and vanish and spawn the duplicate slave in their new location with new packages. thats massive work. not too mention that if you send them to the hideout, you would have to add them to the faction and include them in that quest script, cause the slaves actually travel on foot to the memorial, so they would have to walk with them.

it would be a lot easier just to spawn dead slaves in the wasteland everytime you free one.

anyways, go look at the geck wiki, if you spend a couple weeks on it, you should figure out a working solution.

I don't think anyone will make a mod like this cause quite frankly nobody really cares about the slaves, they have no purpose, most of them don't even have simple dialogue.

• 4 weeks later...

Tony the Wookie: I thought this was a forum for requesting mods? It kinda negates the whole point of this forum if all you say is "do it yourself"

spammster: I'm not so bothered about the generic slaves, mostly just the named ones at PF. Can it not be done for them? It just seems to make sense that they should go there as that's Hannibal's plan to build up numbers

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible, instead of trying to add the AI to the existing NPCs, to make it so that when they disappear from the game that triggers an exact duplicate of them to appear with all AI removed except that needed to join ToU slaves?

This guy i know is willing to give it a go, would be handy if someone could just outline what needs to be done?

• 1 year later...