Save The Whales... Ok not Really. MW2

WaLkAwaY

its not like there won't be patches that fix the problems (and I'm not assuming that these will be official patches) but these most likely will require some rather minimal changes.

hell you can already fix that problem yourself.

just add a line to your Hosts file, forcing an IP change for the server and redirecting it to the server you wanna play with (obviously this is a somewhat messy fix since it requires you to change that file every single time you switch servers and there prolly is some check in the mp.exe that verifys the authenticity of the server) but I'm sure in the next 2 weeks a patch will show up that fixes these 2 problems (setting max players back to 32 (though this most likely will require a direct modification of the "iw4mp.exe" therefore causing problems with playing on the official server) but playing on private servers with a max of 16 players shouldn't be to much of a problem.

its not like there won't be patches that fix the problems (and I'm not assuming that these will be official patches) but these most likely will require some rather minimal changes.

hell you can already fix that problem yourself.

just add a line to your Hosts file, forcing an IP change for the server and redirecting it to the server you wanna play with (obviously this is a somewhat messy fix since it requires you to change that file every single time you switch servers and there prolly is some check in the mp.exe that verifys the authenticity of the server) but I'm sure in the next 2 weeks a patch will show up that fixes these 2 problems (setting max players back to 32 (though this most likely will require a direct modification of the "iw4mp.exe" therefore causing problems with playing on the official server) but playing on private servers with a max of 16 players shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Uhm... NO! That is what the huge upheaval is about. You cant patch it as the end user. Their will be no modding tools, no dedi servers, DLC will cost money... this has all been gone over and thought of by hundreds of people already so we are not the first. There simply is no answer for it. You should go and read what serious... "SERIOUS" FPS gaming communities are saying about it, and you would see all of your statements would have answers, you should actually do some research on it if it interests you, becasue then you would see that there are no official servers. Not trying to call you out on not reading anything about the issues just trying to point you in the right direction. Just know everything you had an answer for simply will not work!