TESO: To Buy Or Not To Buy...That Is The Question.

Adipose

I played WOW for many years, but finally quit due to the rather psychotic nature of the various "Gank" oriented players, many of whom not only enjoyed ganking but took great delight in camping. Nor am I a team playing kinda guy, mostly 'cause I can't always schedule play time when the rest are able to play. Further, the reality is that I'm just not fast enough on the KBoard. Sooo, is TESO gonna have a lot of Ganksters mucking up the gameplay or not? Can I play solo and still survive?

WoW has PVE servers and PVP servers, unless you consciously flag on a PVE server you can't be "ganked". And if you play on a PVP server, well, you get what you pay for. TESO, as far as I know, has more of a single-server structure which has mainly PVE zones with a couple of PVP zones.

I would wait for the subscription phase to end and it goes FTP. Save yourself $60 for the game and the monthly subscription to see if you really want to play it. As for gankers, in the PvP servers I have no doubt that there will be gankers parked at the spawn locations awaiting someone to enter the server unless Zenimax has done something to prevent that and a 10 second immunity is not a way to prevent it. Nature of the beast really.