Mothership Zeta Mod: Alien Ally

Cyberweasel89

Nah. Phalanx just did it where a Follower's name will change depending on how much HP they have left ("Zim (wounded)", for example). And by "readout", I mean that, on request, a message box will pop up and tell you what Zim's stats are in his skills like Energy Weapons, Repair, etc. And you can check his SPECIAL stats and Tagged skills with a separate request, which show up in a message box.

Naturally, his Science is probably through the roof, considering that Aliens have next to no physical ability and rely almost exclusively on his technology. Medicine and Repair are a grey area. They seem like something an Alien would be good at, but the Alien Biogel and Alien Epoxy kind of render the need to manually learn these skills unnecessary.

I'm thinking...

(with SPECIAL bonuses included)

Barter - 40

Big Guns - 25 (for the Drone Cannons)

Energy Weapons - 100

Explosives - 60

Lockpick - 20

Medicine - 35

Melee Weapons - 50 (for his Shock Baton)

Repair - 30

Science - 100

Small Guns - 10

Sneak - 15

Speech - 45

Unarmed - 5

Roughly along those guidelines. I didn't want to give him a good Melee Weapon score, but I didn't want his Shock Baton to be completely useless for him...

Tagged Skills: Energy Weapons, Science, Explosives

SPECIAL

Strength - 1

Perception -

Endurance - 2

Charisma - 2

Intelligence - 10

Agility -

Luck -

(Interrupted - to be finished later)

Anyway, I'm surprised you don't know about Phalanx. I figured it was essential ware for Fallout 3 mod-users.

Click here for Phalanx

You should really download it. It's awesome. ^_^

just a small update, I added messageboxes, that read out the stats and give accurate information.

like if you ask him how he's doing, a messagebox will show up and show his currentHP / max. HP

same for his Specials

skills is gonna be a problem though, cause aliens are classiefied as Supermutants therefore they don't really have skills.

right now I try to figure out how to exactly get these stats shown. according to the geck functions & geck wiki one can call upon variables in messageboxes, however i got a problem with geck ignoring the variables and giving me error messages.

so it might take me some time until i figure out how to do that, though once i figure it out this should all work quite well after that all thats missing is the teleportation into the higher levels of the ship.

EDIT: okay, finally figured out what i did wrong, i used the scriptref instead of a questref.

so the messageboxes now work (its not changing zims name according to his health) but you get a message like this:

Zim's Health: "currentHP" out of "unhurt HP"

srsly. though, coulda been mentioned somewhere that you need to ref. the variables like this:

questID.variable and NOT scriptID.variable

would that been so hard, would have saved me a couple hours trying to figure out what i did wrong.

now i gotta go clean out the mess i created in all the new scripts