Did Skyrim Mods made on Impact on ESO and could it happen in TES6

daventry

As loyal fan of TES series for many years I'm not so sure that singleplayer TES is totally uneffected by this new MMO. When Blizzard first announced WoW there also were talks about this game as separate and unaffecting anything that Blizzard does but for so many years not even a word about Warcraft 4... I really hope Beth won't start milking players for TESO and pull enough resourses to the new game in original series, and we won't have to wait another 10-20 years before TESO will get completely squeezed out...

I really hope bben46 is right.

As loyal fan of TES series for many years I'm not so sure that singleplayer TES is totally uneffected by this new MMO. When Blizzard first announced WoW there also were talks about this game as separate and unaffecting anything that Blizzard does but for so many years not even a word about Warcraft 4.

Totally different situation. There was talk OUTSIDE of Blizzard about Warcraft 4, and that WoW was unlikely to affect the continued franchise. No statement from Blizzard ever supported that, and in fact Mitzen said early on that they planned to use WoW to continue to story of Azeroth, and that Blizzard 'Was trying to move away from competing with its self by having two RTS franchises" (or something to that effect, i don't want to dig out PC Gamer from the bottom of my book-pile).

That said, while the gameplay is somewhat... meh, ESO has a wealth of universe-lore which makes it at least as worthwhile an addition to TES as Redguard, or Battlespire.

As for Bethesda taking ideas from the game... There are some i could see them using. The character generation (with better resolutions and a return to decent looking Mer) is one. The more varied crafting is another. Some of the aesthetic designs on Daedra, and newer inclusions (Watchers, Banekin, Harvesters) may also make an appearance.

The only possible inspiration i see from Skyrim Mods on ESO, however, is that all the Elves look like they were torn right out of Tolkien. It's insulting, really... We had just gotten some character back for them.

Edited by Lachdonin

As loyal fan of TES series for many years I'm not so sure that singleplayer TES is totally uneffected by this new MMO. When Blizzard first announced WoW there also were talks about this game as separate and unaffecting anything that Blizzard does but for so many years not even a word about Warcraft 4... I really hope Beth won't start milking players for TESO and pull enough resourses to the new game in original series, and we won't have to wait another 10-20 years before TESO will get completely squeezed out...

I really hope bben46 is right.

aye i remember that i played warcraft single player and later a few years of early wow

but the big diferent then was that WoW was a new concept in the young but fast growing MMO market, with new mechanics and gameplay

Zenimax had the chance to do the same thing bring something new on the mmo market that makes the game stand out

they didn't

everything has been done before or is considered old fashion ,

granted the game really looks good but other than that it could be any generic fantasy mmo with the same repetitive game mechanics and levelling system

shame really

Edited by kleinstaff

I seem confused as to why people are hating on TESO. I playd the beta and loved it. The graphics are awesome, the NPCs are awesome, the adventuring and questing is awesome, hell, even getting on to do s***-all is fun!

I'm not an MMO player so I was mostly doing things on my own until I had a friend play for a bit for a hard dungeon. But I knew the basic gist of the game. It's not a WoW-ripoff. It's not Skyrim with friends. It's not even TES6. But it is so much more. It's an Elder Scrolls game designed for MMO fans. Is that bad? No, of course not!

If you hate MMOs, don't play it. If you're going in to expecting a TES 6-styled game, you're going to have a bad time. If you're expecting a Skyrim with mates, you're going to be disappointed.

WoW has dominated the MMO market for sometime now, hell, it's what people immediately think of when you say MMO. But was it the first? Nope.

There are many things which are different from the average MMO in TESO but it still manages to hold the traditional TES feel. I'm having a hard time taking the above poster seriously because of his childish ranting.

I remember when WoW was first announced, a bunch of older gamer friends of mine were ranting that it was ruining the franchise. Now they're all hardcore gamers... Sounds familiar, right?

Ah, but back to the topic at hand. I think Bethesda does take modding ideas, I know there is actually an employee of Bethesda on another Skyrim fan-site I frequent. I would be surprised if they didn't take ideas from mods.