Starting with modding -> short question

OBloodyHeavenO

Hey there :smile:

I have no experience concerning modding at all and I am quite new to that topic so,

I'd like to learn modding for skyrim since I would really like to make my own followers! :smile:

First of all I wanted to ask if anyone could recommened a good modding tutorial (maybe even in german :smile: ), maybe about followers or in general.

Should I start with a modding tutorial in general, to learn the basics? Or can I already start with an follower tutorial?

About the followers: I would like to make Final Fantasy 13 followers. But where do I get the original textures and meshes? I found this link: http://dilong-xnagmod.blogspot.de/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiii-models-megapack.html

However, I saw, that those are the character models for a program called XNALara. Would it be possible to use those models nevertheless?

Maybe would it even be possible to just import these character models in the skyrim game somehow, without having to change something? :smile:

Sorry, if those are dumb questions, but I have absolutely no experience at all concerning modding. But I saw for example many characters having hairstyles or weapons from FF13 or other FF games, and I am always wondering: "How do they do that?" So does someone happen to know where I get all that stuff to use for my followers?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards!

Edited by OBloodyHeavenO

You have a lot of work cut out for you if you want to use those models. They're in .tga format, which is completely incompatible with Skyrim, which uses the .nif format. You'd need to import the models into 3DS MAX or Blender (whichever you prefer), and you'd need to rig a skyrim skeleton to them, then you'd need to reapply the textures that came with them (which again, you'd need to convert in .dds format using Photoshop).

The followers themselves can easily be made inside the Creation Kit, and I'm sure there's a few hair packs around you could use for their hair.

Of course you could always go to those youtube videos that have Final Fantasy Followers in them and go from there :)

Thanks for your answer! :smile:

Oh my.. That sounds like a lot of work! :D To be honest, I wouldn't even need the whole character, actually only his or her head :D

I don't know if you read it but I found some very cool pictures about a Snow Villiers mod for Skyrim. However, it seems like it has never been released.. So I thought I try it myself :tongue: When you click this link I posted: (http://dilong-xnagmod.blogspot.de/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiii-models-megapack.html) , there is a character called Snow Villiers. He is one of my favorite FF characters so I would be soooo happy to have him in my game. If I only wanted to use his head, not the body and not the clothes (only hairstyle, eyes, etc.) would it be that much work to extract it and make it work in skyrim as well? How would I have to do it? :unsure:

Or could I, for example, turn it into an helmet object (so no face, just a helmet the character can put on).

As I said, I have absolutely no idea how to do something like that since I have never done anything like modding.

I really hope someone can help me ^__^

Thank you so much for your patience and help in advance! :smile:

Regards!

Edited by OBloodyHeavenO