Total Magicka constant Debuff

Maegfaer

I am trying to create a Magicka points debuff. For this, I am using an Ability with a Drain Magicka effect, but it only drains the Magicka for a split second, and then it's back to normal again. The Ability still shows in the Active Effects character menu. I tried making the Ability a Damage Magicka effect, but this keeps reducing my Magicka every second.

I tried using Player.ModAV Magicka, but after adding/removing the ability 2 or 3 times, I get a CTD. When I use Player.SetAV Magicka, I get a CTD the first time I add the Ability.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks a lot!

A non-constant change of lowering magicka is difficult to achieve. Especially with regeneration taking place at the same time. So you'll have hickups back and forward...

Are recent quote from another forum:

The problem with trying to do a continuous drain is that the game is also trying to do a positive regenerate magicka and the factors involved are constants except for the Willpower. You can't make the rate negative, but you could stop it by inflicting Stunted Magicka, so that the spell-user would not regen until he stops using the spell. If you try and script a negative effect, you'll likely see steps down with a drift up in between, which would look strange. Since you can use up Magicka to cast the spell, you get an initial drop, so I'd settle for the "no regen until I turn it off" as the penalty.