50's Automobile Mod

Rixirite

Hey, some of you might be aware that someone came out with a car mod a while back. It was nothing more than a tech demo featuring a medical chair and a Sentry bot. Well today nothing has happened to it and there is no one that I can see that is working on implementing cars in Fallout 3. So I will ask: Can someone come out with a Fallout 3 Car mod? I know there are motorcycle mods but I would rather drive a car.

For starters, modelling shouldn't be much of a problem because you can use the car model from tranqulity lane. The idea for this mod is simple: Make a car that is drivable and has trunk storage to carry some of your burden, I think this would prove a successfull mod if released on Fallout nexus and I would certainly commend the one to do this as a mod project. You could start by using that 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air style car from tranquility lane if you like, or you could make your own custom model it's entirely up to you, I just want a 50's style drivable car with storage to make my adventures in the capital wasteland a lot more fun and exciting. I know it may make the fallout would seem much smaller, but it doesn't have to go 50 miles an hour you know what I mean?

So I was hoping someone could do this that would be great indeed, if you are interested reply with all steed.

By the way, here is a picture of that car in the GECK. It is named a "Clean car" with a editor ID of "Car03"

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/638/geckimgcar03.jpg

CORRECTION: The car DOES have a Interior, after viewing the model in nifskope. This eliminates all of that modelling needed.

I like the idea, as a non-modder this looks like a monumental task, what with new animations, collision, etc. However, I doubt there's anyone that doeesn't want a car to drive ala fallout 2. Someone could re-texture the car because the clean shiny paint would look a bit out of place.

That can be done easy as far as texturing goes. For me personally I would love a shiny car like that, but you are right it would be out of style for sure. The car could start out as a piece of junk but later in the game you could find pre-war auto paints that can be put onto the car by simply shoving the paints in the trunk of the car, etc.

Update: I have extracted the car model along with all the textures from the BSA extracter, and attached the appropriate textures in nifskope.

Here it is:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2261/nifskopecar03clean.jpg