modern tanks

spazzization

That's awesome. IF you'd be willing to throw some Techy bits on it to make it more scifi it would be perfect. Some tubes, some tanks, maybe a coaxial minigun and a three pronged barrel like on the P94 Plasma Rifle... it would be perfect!

I could do that pretty easy

but im not going to, at least not anytime soon

now if someone wants to take the time to put it into the game I would consider it, but at the moment I have a lot of other things I have to be doing

later on I plan on re-designing the tank to fit the group on my mod, but if I do get around to doing that it will be a long time from now

Fine by me. Was just making the suggestion, really. If you ever do redesign it looking at the Fallout tactics tank might help a bit.

http://games.sina.com.cn/newgames/0102/images/tank.jpg

I'd also be willing to render artistic suggestions.

i like wat i see :yes: , my 1 regret is that undiscovered tribes in the amazon rainforest know more about modding than me... but i hav some ideas:

1. maybe you could have a follower on the mg on the turret

2. you could call it in with some kind of beacon which would give the coordinates to a vertibird carryin the tank

3. maybe there should be different tanks for the different factions, like the enclave and BoS

4. i'm not sure wat would happen if the tank is destroyed, but i think it should have a hell of a lot of health, since the chimera seems pretty weak for a far-future tank. this might be overpowered but since a real tank like this would have steel armor about 12 inches thick im thinkin 10k health? 20k? or is that too much?

i like wat i see :yes: , my 1 regret is that undiscovered tribes in the amazon rainforest know more about modding than me... but i hav some ideas:

1. maybe you could have a follower on the mg on the turret

2. you could call it in with some kind of beacon which would give the coordinates to a vertibird carryin the tank

3. maybe there should be different tanks for the different factions, like the enclave and BoS

4. i'm not sure wat would happen if the tank is destroyed, but i think it should have a hell of a lot of health, since the chimera seems pretty weak for a far-future tank. this might be overpowered but since a real tank like this would have steel armor about 12 inches thick im thinkin 10k health? 20k? or is that too much?

I didn't make that. Its production art from Fallout Tactics.

i know that, wat i meant was is that its good how u ppl r having good ideas that i hadnt thought of

Good rule of thumb for Fallout 3 is if you couldn't see it fitting in a 1950s B movie, a retro film like The Iron Giant, or in Bioshock, you're doing it wrong.

Fallout Tactics screwed up on that front (main complaint from the fans about the game, actually), and Beth screwed up royally on this front in the case of Operation Anchorage, though its a minor mistake compared to their many others.

I just hate when people are so anal that it has to fit the 1950's era. It's a mod. It's not like you have to have it to run your game properly. I mean look at alexscorpion for an example, his mods aren't based out of the game's era, but they are still wonderful mods.

THIS! IS! FALLOUT!

There's an aesthetic style to stick to. If you don't then you're just being lazy.