My useless character.

klutzy

My poor character is now defenseless, and no I didn't lose all my weapons or anything like that but I mean seriously defenseless. My sword no longer swings when I left click, instead I just run forward or start to glide. And thats only half my troubles, I appear to be also permanently silenced, my magic no longer regenerates, so I'm now relying on Potions of Sorcery to cast spells. So, my character is basically useless, is this a common bug or am I the unlucky male without a father who becomes helpless. Is there anyway I can fix this before I get mauled by a mudcrab?

It sounds like you may have installed a mod the messes with your controls. What was the last mod you installed before this happened?

What version are you using?

Do you have the latest patch?

Do you have OBMM, OBSE or any other utility programs installed?

If you need to post a load list

How to post a Load order list article

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=295

It sounds like you may have installed a mod the messes with your controls. What was the last mod you installed before this happened?

What version are you using?

Do you have the latest patch?

Do you have OBMM, OBSE or any other utility programs installed?

If you need to post a load list

How to post a Load order list article

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=295

I installed Cyrodiil Better Infastructure one from here or Planet Elder Scrolls.

Since I started using that my controls have *banned* because I now need to use f4 to get into my item menu.

Yah I have the latest patch.

OBSE, launch my game off it.

I've uninstalled that mod but its still stuffed.

And the magicka regen isn't related to that.

While battling through Paradise on an alt account I was Silenced at one point and my magicka hasn't regenerated since. :(

I am not familiar with that particular mod.

However, I found it on Tes Alliance.

There is nothing in the short write up that indicates that it will change any controls, and there is no discussion of it at all.

Have you done anything, either in this game or any other program that will change any of the key bindings (what a particular key or mouse button does when pressed)

If the silence is on a different account, A different account on the same computer? or a different computer? and the other problem does not occur, then it is a different problem and unrelated. I don't recommend mixing different problems in the same thread as it causes confusion.

• 5 months later...
Pretty much the same thing happened to me when I disabled a mod A Better Rosethorn Hall. I couldn't swing my weapon nor use my spells. Loading the previous save helped though I lost like ten hours of gameplay. :dry: