Fallout: Tactics

Harabec Weathers

So I picked up the fallout trilogy at Wal-mart the other day for like 20 bucks. And Since Im pretty bored with all my games at the moment I figured Id give some old school games a run.

Well I gotta say Fallout Tactics is awesome haha. Theres a few things here and there that bother me about it but other than that it was really easy to learn how to play. Already beaten it a couple times, going on my third win lol.

Anyone else played it? Know any good easter eggs??? haha

Love this game. Haven't played it in awhile and haven't beaten yet. I keep starting it from the begining over and over again with different character types lol. As for easter eggs.... THERE'S TOO MANY! ;D The ones come to mind are all random encounters. Like finding super mutant versions of the brothers grim. And getting to have them join your squad. Or being attacked by canadians with water guns and finding that the water guns are pretty much the best weapon to use against the robots. Ya need a high outdoors skill level to find em all though.

What about the Pipboy companion?

For extra fun, get a trainer and set your character's dodge rating very high. Put him in the center of a bunch of angry minigun wielding supermutants. Enjoy. ;)

What about the Pipboy companion?

For extra fun, get a trainer and set your character's dodge rating very high. Put him in the center of a bunch of angry minigun wielding supermutants. Enjoy. ;)

Haha oh already did that one. I set his STR and to 12 and carry weight to like 500, had 500 AC. I sent him into enemy thick areas with the Browning 50 cal and laughed as he mowed erveryone over haha. Good times lol.

How do you get the pipboy companion?

I think it's one of those special encounters. There's also a recruitable Riddick companion to be saved... from deathclaws... in the dark.

Also, there was a bonus mission in Springfield. The Simpson's House is somewhere on the map. I can't remember how to unlock it though.

Lol so many easter eggs and so little time haha.

One thing though the random encounters with monsters and stuff is ridiculous. Like Ill get stopped 10-20 times in one square with messages "Do you wish to encounter Muntants" or whatever create is in the area. Makes exploring EXTREMELY tedious.

Hehe, were you walking or something? I avoided most of the random encounters because I always end up loosing ammo more than whatever there is left to loot.

I love tactics, though one thing that always bugged me:

why in gods name did they figure it would be a good idea to irradiate bunker gamma ?

you can't buy enough RadAway to cure your team

half the time my teams medics is just patching everyone up from the rad damage.

so its always ends like this: go to bunker gamma, collect all available missions go back to bunker beta, run around that bunker until the team is clean of rads, then move em all to the mission site and pray to god you can finish that level fast enough before you run out of radX and no one in your team can use any weapons anymore which just makes the game horrible hard cause have you ever tried to kill a supermutant with punches in the eyes ? (takes about a minute and you always gotta pray you knock em out so they don't fight back)

This game is freakishly hard. Mate of mine has it ans showd me it. I mean, bloody hell, they could've toned the difficulty down!

Didnt see any eastereggs sinceI played it fo like 5 mins.