Fallout: Tactics

Harabec Weathers

Haha yea its pretty tough. On the Ocseolla mission, I got horribly frustrated. I had Farsight shooting a super mutant with her sniper rifle from a ridiculous distance away, while in prone and everything. He lays downs, shoots and kills her with one shot, on Easy diffucluty no less.

I was like "wtf really?!?!?!?!?!?!"

so is anyone still playing this game online ?

I reinstalled it couple days ago (actually did when i noticed the topic and remembered tactics) I'm quite certain gamespy stopped support for this game (since i tells me for like 3 hours it gotta download some stuff until i abort it)

and i haven't noticed any tactics mp games in the other online ones.

personally though I like the difficulty level of tactics, after all it is called tactics and not Fallout 3 :P

I just consider tactics to be an awesome version of commandos

think about it, the games are quite similar, though Tactics improved a few things (like you only see enemys when you actually see them) and made a few worse (enemy response to you is somewhat sucky)

and comandos is a pretty hard game as well (and the followups got even harder, hell there are still parts of commandos where i never managed to finish the final levels)

I tried a commandos game before. Never finished it.

I remember some things that bothered me in Tactics:

1) .50 Cal Machine Gun- Muties can outsnipe you even with a sniper rifle and they can kill you with one burst at max distance. I just duck for cover until their ammo runs out. Never even got to use it much because ammo was so scarce. But by the time I had enough ammo, they were practically useless.

2) Rocket Launchers- You put your squad on a truck, drive around a corner then... BAM! Raider pops out and destroys said vehicle.

3) Behemoths- Damn it! It's guarding the door across the open field!

The muties with the .50 cal drive me nuts.

Also the friendly fire thing bothers me a lot.

I was playing about an hour ago and lost one of my guys from friendly fire.

I have the sentry mode set to aggresive and my main character was armed with the Pancor Jackhammer, notced an enemy and proceeded to unleash a 5 round burst at the enemy. Unfortunantly Stitch was in the line of fire and got splattered by my main guys friendly fire.

My jaw dropped as I was like "WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

And I couldnt reload because Im playing in Tough Guy mode, so I can only save while at a Brotherhood Bunker.

OOOOOhhhhhh man I was pissed lol. Stich was my Doctor/ Medic/ Barter guy.

The muties with the .50 cal drive me nuts.

Also the friendly fire thing bothers me a lot.

I was playing about an hour ago and lost one of my guys from friendly fire.

I have the sentry mode set to aggresive and my main character was armed with the Pancor Jackhammer, notced an enemy and proceeded to unleash a 5 round burst at the enemy. Unfortunantly Stitch was in the line of fire and got splattered by my main guys friendly fire.

My jaw dropped as I was like "WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

And I couldnt reload because Im playing in Tough Guy mode, so I can only save while at a Brotherhood Bunker.

OOOOOhhhhhh man I was pissed lol. Stich was my Doctor/ Medic/ Barter guy.

I use stitch for the exact same purpose :D (medic & barter)

I barely ever change my team (once I figured out that i had a really weird bug and it wasn't part of the gameplay (starting from bunker gamma everything was horribly radiated, took like 5 radaways per player only to have radiated status 10 seconds later again (inside the goddamn brotherhood bunker)), there's really no point to it. pick your team carefully from the start and they level up with you (and early on they level fast) so one can easily shape em exactly into what one wants them to be which for me always ends up being sniper because of friendly fire, usually I add Stein and give him a Rocket Launcher (that makes the first supermutant mission soooooooo much easier and you don't have to worry bout ammo)

• 3 months later...
I remember some things that bothered me in Tactics:

1) .50 Cal Machine Gun- Muties can outsnipe you even with a sniper rifle and they can kill you with one burst at max distance. I just duck for cover until their ammo runs out. Never even got to use it much because ammo was so scarce. But by the time I had enough ammo, they were practically useless.

2) Rocket Launchers- You put your squad on a truck, drive around a corner then... BAM! Raider pops out and destroys said vehicle.

3) Behemoths- Damn it! It's guarding the door across the open field!

Yep, rocket launchers are really nasty. But sometimes raiders can blow themselves up with these things - that's funny :biggrin:

Once I encountered a bunch of sentient Brahmins - they were playing cards. When I got closer they ran away :) Was it a so-called "easter egg" or what?

I think everyone has seen a location with some kind of a power plant (where people worked as batteries for robots). Looks like that "Matrix" story :)