Cakester's Multiplayer Fallout 3 Project

Cakester

This is amazing! I would love to help you test if that's okay. Do you plan on making this an open source community project later on or a closed source group project?

Keep up the great work!

:thanks:

-Nick

The person who is going to host the server for me will be tester #1 if he wants. There will be 8 people, but I am one of the 8. So really there is only 6 free slots I guess. And not just anyone will be allowed to test. If a person has never installed anything manually such as mods, then I will probably avoid picking them. Later on I may get an automatic installer so I can feel comfortable with any person wanting to join the game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did u get my pm?

Oops forgot about it. If you can get me hosting for free, then that would be great. I already have someone who is willing to host for me, but he isn't present during the day, only in the morning and night. If you can get me a place where I can just place the server application on and run it, that would be great. Of course it needs to have a fast connection and able to accept connections from outside.

I have some great things in store for the first testers. Right now I am setting up the second to last script.

Once I finish setting up the scripts then I have to begin adding some new code to the client and server. BUT! After I feel the client and server are ready again for testing, I .. well I have to test by myself. If I can see that the new stuff doesn't cause any problems and it is all functional, I will release another video. It might be 5 days until I have everything I want done.

Again its a favor, it would be on a box used for counterstrike source league play so it would be more then enough to handle the connection and the game. If you can give me an amount of time that you would need for testing i could probably get a box lent to me for that. Like 5 days something etc. LMK. If the multi-player mod fully works then i will see wut i can do for full time hosting.

Again its a favor, it would be on a box used for counterstrike source league play so it would be more then enough to handle the connection and the game. If you can give me an amount of time that you would need for testing i could probably get a box lent to me for that. Like 5 days something etc. LMK. If the multi-player mod fully works then i will see wut i can do for full time hosting.

Would multiplayer have to be complete, or just a simple demo that succeeds?

i suppose something worth hosting. The favor is a favor i just need to know how long u will need it for so i can negotiate the favor. If the mod succeeds as a playable host worthy mod then i can i see what i can do for a permanent host. butt for temporary testing i should be able to land you a server for a few days. possibly longer give me an amount of time.

i suppose something worth hosting. The favor is a favor i just need to know how long u will need it for so i can negotiate the favor. If the mod succeeds as a playable host worthy mod then i can i see what i can do for a permanent host. butt for temporary testing i should be able to land you a server for a few days. possibly longer give me an amount of time.

It is very generous of you to offer this. At the moment I can not determine how much testing will be needed.

New video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkljIs9BUk

More action this time.

Dude you struck gold. How did you do it? I been searching my tail off. Is there room for me to help. I do not want credit at all. I just want to learn and help build a site like Ultima used to be but with Fallout3 hit me up I will shovel poop and dig deep ditches just to be apart of your team,please,lol/ my email is [email protected]. I will watch everything. Dont thinkin Im wired but I knew it could b done and you did it. way to go dude.