problem with remotly enable/disable on objects

randydg

I am trying to enable objects from another map, if i just put the exampledoor01.enable

it has to be in the same area map right?

This is what I would do if the activator was in the same area as the object being inabled, but i'm not.

I looked up something thats simular and it points to a var object "set doortoenable to 1"

Well I thought I would try that, but I cant edit var objects/files in the object window.

Would appreciate any help

thanks,

Randy

p.s.

This may help if I explain what im trying to do.

I want to add the other locations to broken steel Satellite Fire Control System.

I have already have project purity setup with disabled objects, the only the lower levels will be accessable through a revealed hatch. and I plan on setting up Rivet City where it misses the back part of the boat but it blows the front where that guy lives that claims he started rivet city. or if i do anything but that it will have to either destroy the whole thing or block it off where the people are trapped inside so I dont have to mess with dialong of all the people inside hehe.

also I think im going to replace the megaton option to tenpenny tower hehe

I got it working now, i just wish we could edit models too ( well if we can I don't know how) so I can make some debree from buildings. I added project purity and rivet city to broken steel dlc where you destroy the crawler or choose to destroy something else.

I have some trouble understanding your post, but I believe that the answer to your original question is that objects can be scripted to be enabled by a player from a different map, cell or worldspace.