NPC's wont spawn trouble help

mintybreath

Hello everyone. I recently got Fallout 3 on the computer (Had it on the xbox, but just built my computer enough to play it) and of course started modding. Unfortunately i've encountered this weird issue i cant seem to solve.. I had prior experience from playing around with the Geck at my friends house, so wasn't completely lost with it when i started it up. Everything seemed to be going fine, i placed a tranquility lane house, and moved some furniture around, tried it out and everything worked great.

Soon after this is where my problem arose. I placed a mirelurk in the house, and changed its options so it doesn't attack, and speaks (This was sorta an inside joke with my friend). Tried him out, and again he worked great. After this i was tired with the tranq lane interior, and edited it slightly so it had a upstairs 3rd room. In this room i placed shrapnel, and warped him to look weird.

(And dont worry, before messing with them I created new forms)

When i tried to run the game this time neither of the 2 were in the house. The 3rd room upstairs was there, so i knew something had worked. Going back into the Geck, i saw that both of them were where they should be.

Pretty much the past half a week I've been trying to solve this issue. So far I've made no headway, and Google doesn't seem to have the answer.

I tried disabling all but my plug in, nothing. I tried placing them again, nothing. I tried reverting to an old save of the house mod, nothing. I tried going to megaton to see if ANY NPCs existed, and they did. Just not mine. I tried creating a new plug that only consisted of 1 NPC, nothing. I tried reinstalling Geck, nothing. This part really confused me, I duplicated an existing NPC in megaton, and dragged him 2 feet. This guy DID spawn.. :?

To sum it all up: NPCs I create don't spawn, but all others do.

From what I can tell, it must be an issue with the Geck, but of course that's just my opinion. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does anyone have any idea, or tips to solve it?

If you need my computer specs, or any info just tell me.

Thanks in advance! (hope its not some painfully obvious fix with all the work I've been doing!)

-Kevin

If you copied vanilla NPCs to place in your mod, check out their AI Package lists.

If you made a unique Shrapnel, but he still has packages that tell him to go to Rivet City, then your unique NPC is probably spawning okay, but then he immediately jaunts off to wherever his package tells him to be.

You can give him different packages or at least delete the ones that he has to make him hold still and make an appearance where you placed him in the GECK.