Reset Static

danthegeek

How would I go about resetting the position of a static object?

For example, in one of my mods there is a bug that causes static weapons to fall off of the walls. I have tried the "setpos" function to move them back but it does not work. The script runs but it doesn't move

Is there another function to move a static object back to its original placement?

Thanks

-Dan

Static objects never move and can't be scripted so you must be talking about something else.

They are the static versions of the weapons in fallout (1st person). I have a script that enables a static version of of a weapon on a weapons wall when you add it to a container. However, I have been getting a couple reports that the static weapons some how have havok run on them and fall off. I have not been able to duplicate this however and have no idea hwy it happens.

Would "Reset3DState" work to reset their positions?

Thanks

-Dan

...reports that the static weapons some how have havok run on them and fall off. I have not been able to duplicate this however and have no idea hwy it happens.

Is it possible that those reports reflect your weapon display scripts being overridden by other mods due to load order? Are your scripts designed to function with vanilla weapons?

...reports that the static weapons some how have havok run on them and fall off. I have not been able to duplicate this however and have no idea hwy it happens.

Is it possible that those reports reflect your weapon display scripts being overridden by other mods due to load order? Are your scripts designed to function with vanilla weapons?

Yes and that is most likely the case. My scripts are designed for the vanilla and DLC weapons only. Im not sure if they may be using a mod that makes the static version of weapons a non-static or movable item. I Guess Ill have to create my own statics for the wall and see if that eliminates the problem.

Oh, btw, "Reset3dstate", doesnt work lol.

Thanks

-Dan

• 1 month later...
Static objects never move and can't be scripted so you must be talking about something else.

They are the static versions of the weapons in fallout (1st person). I have a script that enables a static version of of a weapon on a weapons wall when you add it to a container. However, I have been getting a couple reports that the static weapons some how have havok run on them and fall off. I have not been able to duplicate this however and have no idea hwy it happens.

Would "Reset3DState" work to reset their positions?

Thanks

-Dan

I dragged the Marksman Dream back on to the wall but then I can't move it anymore. It's still a bit too high and I can't use the command setpos z to bring it back in place.

Edit: It is definitely static because setpos doesn't work. But somehow after using masterupdate in FO3Edit havok runs on it.

Perharps you set it as movable static instead of static.