The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet dude, as I said in that PM Last night, Im concentrating on getting the basics ironed out and making it shine first. Second release should definitely feature something along these lines though.

Theres no chance of the beta being released today, as I said it was only a high chance but not definite. IF, I manage to get the meshes remodelled and textured in time, I'll be sending a DL link out late late this evening, but theres a high chance that wont happen until next weekend now.

ok well i guess i will check again in the morning then. since it is already 11 26 pm here

Good plan mate. I definitely aim to have the modelling finished by close of day, and luckily I just found my old 3ds files on my desktop so Ive cracked them on and am about to make sure severe progress.

I'll update later in the day.

Because youve all been so patient (and insistent!), here's a handful of screengrabs of tonights latest developments.

Everything you see is still on the ugly scale, and after pulling my hair out with frustration, Im giving up for the night.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2303/uglyupdate1.jpg

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7540/uglyupdate2.jpg

Note the buttresses, arches and more importantly, the roomkit pieces. Thats right, the console room is now fully implemented with domed and roundelled walls and coral foundations. I will be tidying it up massively, and have decided to modify the raised gantry, as it still doesn't fit in with the custom meshes. I'm kinda pleased the way it's turning out, from a vanilla kitset to a complete custom room. Either way, it looks ugly as hell at the moment, but you can see the gist.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7919/uglyupdate3.jpg

The consoles undergone a BIT of upgrading. The textures have gone completely off kilter, and until I tweak the alpha of the time rotor in Nifskope (which Im having zero luck with so far), you can't see the interior tubes and discs that move when animated.

I'll be retexturing, and probably putting most of the detail into the texture to save on polycount. I also need to fatten out the 'arms' of the console and make the base texture more marbel like as opposd to the same texture file Ive used on the coral buttresses (time saving for now).

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6051/uglyupdate4.jpg

And a final shot of the console room from the interior door leading to the quarters.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6756/theship.jpg

And finally, as a treat more than anything, here's your first look at the initial section of the ship. Looks small doesn't it? Don't be mislead; this area of the TARDIS contains the kitchen, a bedroom and an infirmary. The basic 3 requirements for any player that doesnt want to trawl the massive network of corridors that make up the other cells of the craft, allowing for quick access to rest, medical attention and supplies.

Each of the 3 corridors leading off head towards the Library, the Central Corridor and the Wardrobe.

But as those all rely heavily upon the first quest, you'll have to wait for your first glimpse...

So there we have it for now. Expect more teaser as the week goes on...

ok im getting really confused mainly because i dont know when this mod is comming out because i have read other posts that say it was ment to be today and others new weekend ..... so please can someone tell me when this mod is expected to be realeased for download......because it looks fricking awsome due....

p.s will there be a sonic screwdriver?

ok im getting really confused mainly because i dont know when this mod is comming out because i have read other posts that say it was ment to be today and others new weekend ..... so please can someone tell me when this mod is expected to be realeased for download......because it looks fricking awsome due....

p.s will there be a sonic screwdriver?

Heh, ta :) The mod'll be publically released by Christmas, that I whole heartedly promise. There will be a test release to three people in the next couple of weeks, but the final public version will be out by the 23rd Dec for sure. I won't give a definitive date, but I ideally want it to coincide with David Tennant's final two parter.

On the other hand though, I dont want to rush it, because if I rush out a crap, buggy version, people's hopes might be dashed - and nobody wants that.

And as for the Sonic Screwdriver....

...it's in.

And it works. Locks and unlocks doors and containers, deals incredible damage to robots, has a custom model and that familiar high pitched chirping sound when used. But you'll have to work for it. It's not easy to get. :)

That sounds brilliant, really good work Demeggy even The Doctor would be proud of the work your doing. Keep it up!

Haha... cheers bud. I'm having a bit of a nightmare with K9 at the moment... the little metal f***** is plain refusing to co-operate and do what I want him to do. Back to basics I think.

I'll fire up some more screenies later this evening.