The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

it must have been from a lone tweet from some other page or rather.

also to the fellow above i would recommend not basing your opinion on wikipedia. i know for fact it been hacked and had false information posted on it. and the thing is anyone one can do it all you need to do is be a skilled writer.

you must realise that the koobface is one of the most sophisticated worms ever devised which is constantly upgrading itself, there would always be a possibility that it can infect in new ways which are as of yet unknown. as far as we no it could have infected this site, however that is unlikely. just a bit of constructive criticism.

anyway enough of this back to the matter at hand. demegy, keep it up looking forward to hearing of the mod more soon.

About the Wikipedia thing, I've read about it before, I know the info is right. I just needed to quickly pull up a page on it, and that was the best one. Some info may be biased or sometimes (rarely) outright wrong, but usually it's good, and in this case it is.

Yes, it's a constantly evolving virus. But to infect the feed, it would have to do one of these things:

-Post a tweet which links to the malware (it already does this, easy to avoid)

-Infect the actual twitter servers with malware (near impossible, as good as they are, they can't do this)

-Somehow implant a script running from another site, which they definitely didn't do. I checked the active scripts, the only one was coming from twitter itself.

So, we're safe.

Anyway, about it being one of the most sophisticated worms, really, it isn't. It's just a worm that strikes in clever places, where people don't expect (twitter and social networking)

Should be easy to remove, if AVG doesn't work then try Malwarebytes, fairly sure i've seen that remove it. Just run it in Safe Mode, that's important.

So guys, for now, if you find a tweet saying something like "LOL CHEK OWUT U GUYZ IN DIS FOTO!" with a fishy looking link, or anything else that doesn't fit in with the twitter you're looking at/looks suspicious (they blend in nicely with many twitter pages), tell the owner and don't click it till you know you're safe. Run noscript in firefox, go to Siteadvisor/Web of Trust for a website's security rating before entering a website, all this and you should be safe.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@demegy its really no problem not your fault at all but thanks anyway.

yeah and if you would care to take a look at the external link at the bottom of the wikipedia page you find a trend micro page which of course is written by experts in this field which clearly states that the koobface is one of the most dangerous botnets.

and now that thats over and done with.

im looking forward to seeing how the official website comes riker.

im thankful the koobface is not halting you further so as always keep up the stunning work demegy.

@demegy its really no problem not your fault at all but thanks anyway.

yeah and if you would care to take a look at the external link at the bottom of the wikipedia page you find a trend micro page which of course is written by experts in this field which clearly states that the koobface is one of the most dangerous botnets.

and now that thats over and done with.

im looking forward to seeing how the official website comes riker.

im thankful the koobface is not halting you further so as always keep up the stunning work demegy.

Sure, it's one of the most dangerous worms due to the method of which it spreads (social marketing is the best way of marketing, same applies to spreading viruses) but it should be fairly easy to remove.

yeah luckily my laptop is cured now but due to the poor virus software i was using before AVG ( my brother advised me to upgrade to AVG), my laptop was crawling with about 25 viruses ( i swear on my mothers life that is not an exaggeration) 5 of which were koobfaces. this left me with no other option but to format the laptop.

but now with AVG protection, and the regular windows removal updates, my laptop is back to its former self.

you have to make an account although i have to speak to demeggy about the site to see if it needs any changes

Im The Master

Thanks guys, and Riker, good work. I'll talk over the design with you at some point soon, but for now, I'm going to absolutely leathered, as I've just had the nightmare day from hell at work and there's a bottle of Morgans Spiced Rum downstairs with my name on it.

See you on the other side! (Keep an eye on Feed over the next few days - things are starting to gel modwise)