The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

The Edge of Destruction was definitely a strange one. Kind of a filler, but definitely an interesting one. Disturbing indeed. Death, the unknown, real danger, all seemed in more abundance in the old episodes. It wasn't always "Save the Earth!" (again) but rather...oh my lord, they have dug themselves into a real pretty hole this time. I also enjoyed the more 'time travel' oriented episodes of Hartnell. Just the Doctor and his companions interacting with historical events, free of mystical/alien/dimensional dangers of whatever sort. Currently, anytime the Doctor travels anywhere back in time, he just has to get involved with aliens/ghosts/werewolves/vampires etc. Not that those kinds of adventures aren't great also. Just a break every once in a while would be cool. Surprising even.

The War Games is one of Troughton's that I have enjoyed, several times. It helps that it is over 3 hours long as well. Heck...I think it runs 10 half hour episodes. Lots of bumbling adventure there, and real physical threats.

Seen the first couple of episodes of the War Games and the last 15mins, but never watched it all the way through. It's one of the ones I want on DVD to fully enjoy, that and The Invasion.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder, everyone has until 6.30pm GMT today to get any last minute entries in. I'll be judging this evening and giving results tomorrow!

Good luck

Almost time, the tension is growing :mellow: :sweat:

EDIT: the time has passed :down:

cant wait to find out.....(heart beating rapidly)

i should have waited longer before i released mine......mine aint that good and if i had kept it a while longer i mighht have been able to get a good release...but hey what can you do but laugh....lol :laugh:

but im still eager to see who wins because there is some awsome entrys guys and if it where up to me i wouldnt be able to decide, to hard....

and by the way DMG, will the 11th doctors screwdriver eventually come out for the unlucky non winners. :wink:

cant wait to find out.....(heart beating rapidly)

i should have waited longer before i released mine......mine aint that good and if i had kept it a while longer i mighht have been able to get a good release...but hey what can you do but laugh....lol :laugh:

I should have kept mine a tad longer to change the Doctor to Fallout :yucky:

Time's up people. I just want to say to the entrants so far, well done - you've all done a cracking job. I'll be collating all the entries and announcing the winner shortly.

Unfortunately no, I wont be releasing the 11th Doctor Screwdriver to anyone other than the competition winner just yet. It makes the prize that much more special ;)

I'll update later.